Age Verification
This website contains age-restricted material including nudity and explicit content. By entering, you confirm being at least 18 years old or the age of majority in the jurisdiction you are accessing the website from.
I am 18+ or older - Enter
I am under 18 - Exit
Our parental controls page explains how you can easily block access to this site.

How do I add fullscreen backgrounds?  

掲示板 / 新会員コーナー

omnimon93
Joined in Oct 2017

6 投稿
October 19, 2017
I have downloaded some custom backgrounds and copied the .zip file into the scenes folder but they don't show up in the full screen menu.
JayZ971
モデレータ
Joined in Mar 2009

2243 投稿
October 19, 2017
@omnimon93
Did you unzip the files when you placed them in the scenes folder ? if not you must unzip them to show up in the menu.
omnimon93
Joined in Oct 2017

6 投稿
October 19, 2017
Yes I did. There is the zip file and the unzipped file in the scenes folder.
JayZ971
モデレータ
Joined in Mar 2009

2243 投稿
October 19, 2017
Then try removing the zip file from the folder as both are not needed in the folder.
omnimon93
Joined in Oct 2017

6 投稿
October 19, 2017
This doesnt work either.
For testing I deleted one of the backgrounds I already have and unzipped it from the zip file again. When I deleted the background folder it disappeared in the fullscreen menu immediately. But like with the custom backgrounds it doesnt show up when I unzipped the zip file into the scenes folder.
I also restarted the client and my computer several times.
TheEmu
Joined in Jul 2012

3309 投稿
October 19, 2017 (edited)
@omnimon93 - what were the contents of the zip file, and what are the contents of the scenes folder and relevant subfolders after you have unzipped your file?
omnimon93
Joined in Oct 2017

6 投稿
October 19, 2017
The contents are identical.
omnimon93
Joined in Oct 2017

6 投稿
October 19, 2017
Ok I solved it myself. I am using winrar and I always unzip files with rightclick>unzip to... . I tried it withe the other option unzip here and it works.
Typos
Joined in Dec 2020

19 投稿
December 10, 2020
I'm at a loss as to adding new scenes or even changing scenes. The only background (I'm assuming this is the same as a scene) I get is a beach scene. I found the scenes folder within the iStripper folder that was created on the install, and see some graphics files in there, and some "xxx.scn" files, which I imagine is what actually loads. What I can't find is how to access and existing scene or add new ones from image files.
Is there some kind of tutorial somewhere?

Thanks,
Typos (god of errata)
Stanston
Joined in Aug 2018

1012 投稿
December 11, 2020
Hi @Typos
Is there some kind of tutorial somewhere?
Yes there is one :)
https://www.istripper.com/forum/thread/27410/1
このトピックに関して見る事やデータへのアクセスは許可されていません。
What I can't find is how to access and existing scene or add new ones from image files.
The .scn Files are located inside your Data Directory.
vghd/data/scenes/

or add new ones from image files.
I created some simple Fullscreenscenes here,
https://www.istripper.com/forum/thread/29408/58?post=688033
iStripperに関する全て / Share your FullScreen - Member Created Scenes here
I updated all my Scenes again and this Time i renamed all .scn Files with my Username within the Filename. Furthermore i replaced a few rare Scenes with some better looking Backgrounds. It was absolut...
Download one of them and take a close look on my .scn Files.
You need to define the Name of the Image inside the Scenefile,
which should be matching with the Name of your Imagefile incl. the proper Fileextension.
TheEmu
Joined in Jul 2012

3309 投稿
December 11, 2020 (edited)
The .scn Files are located inside your Data Directory.
vghd/data/scenes/

Or you can put them, the .scn files, one directory deeper, e.g. to group them by their creators

vghd/data/scenes/Stanston
vghd/data/scenes/Typos

This gets to be important if you have a large number of scenes. Unfortunately when the scenes are listed by the iStripper GUI it sorts tham just using their file names ignoring the directory names so it is useful to include a prefix as part of the .scn file's name so that related scenes are grouped together when on the fullscreen preview page.

Also unfortunately the system will not look for .scn files any deeper than that but you can use multiple directories at that level to break up things more finely, e.g.

vghd/data/scenes//TheEmu_Tunnels
vghd/data/scenes//TheEmu_Naughty Faries

(They aren't the names I actually use, but you should get the idea)

Although the locations that can be used for the .scn files is restricted any other files used by the scene can be anywhere. Tp avoid cluttering the directory used for the .scn files the best practice is to put them in one or more lower level directories - e.g. one for the various backgrounds used by a group of scenes and another for any shaders etc. or you can use one lower level directory to hold everything except the .scn file for one scene (or small group of scenes), a second for a different group of scenes, etc. Choose the scheme that best suits the scenes that you are using.

Also note that when specifying an image (called a "texture" in the language of the .scn files) you can either directly refer to a specific image by name, e.g.

texture {
Id : TheRoom
Source : Rooms/Room1.jpg
}

or you can use the name of a directory

texture {
Id : TheRoom
Source : Rooms/
}

The final slash is optional - I find it a useful reminder that it is a directory name but often forget to use it. If you use a directory name for the source then the program will randomly select one from any images that it finds in that directory. This means that you can use a single .scn file for groups of scenes that only differ in their backgrounds, which can be convenient, and that if you want to just add a background all you need to do is copy it to the relevant directory rather than create a new .scn file.

You can use the image directory mechanism for other parts of the scene but it is mainly used for backgrounds. As a special case if the directory itself is called Backgrounds the iStripper GUI provides a way to enable or disable their use on a file by file basis.

Note, although the normal directory separator on Windows is a backslash, and that can be used in a .scn file, it is preferable to use forward slashes as they work on both Windows and Macs. Similarly it is preferable to treat all file names used with a .scn file as if they were case sensitive as although it doesn't matter under Windows it does on Macs.

As well as the link @Stanston posted you should also look at these threads
https://www.istripper.com/forum/thread/27449/1?post=428429
iStripperに関する全て / Discussions for Scenes for Version 1.2.X Fullscreen Mode here
I decided its time to start a thread for customized scenes like we had for customized skins. I am not sure if the artwork forum section is the right place so if the Mods think this should go into anot...
https://www.istripper.com/forum/thread/29408/1?post=460103
iStripperに関する全て / Share your FullScreen - Member Created Scenes here
This thread will be Strictly for the member created Scenes for Full Screen and the Screen Saver. list of shared Scenes Thread https://www.istripper.com/forum/thread/42492/1?post=626142 Scene Discussio...
https://www.istripper.com/forum/thread/42492/1?post=626142
Typos
Joined in Dec 2020

19 投稿
December 12, 2020
Thanks to all for the generous help! It looks like I have a bit of work to do.

I may have made a huge mistake joining iStripper. I am seriously ***** to it. It's all I want to do! Then a new girl appears and without any thought whatsoever I add her to my collection. I had to turn off the one-click purchasing just to give me a moment to think about it before making the purchase.
So far that isn't going so well.
Thanks again to all.
Typos
Joined in Dec 2020

19 投稿
December 12, 2020
I've started reading the tutorial and stopped when I saw reference to "bat" files. It has been years since I was on a PC and I'm surprised that batch files are still being used anywhere. I didn't realize that DOS is still buried beneath the Windows platform. Anyway, I've been on a Mac for over 10 years so I'm wondering if there is any use in my continuing the tutorials.
Stanston
Joined in Aug 2018

1012 投稿
December 12, 2020
Hi @Typos
Anyway, I've been on a Mac for over 10 years so I'm wondering if there is any use in my continuing the tutorials.
This is completely regardless, please don't care about the .bat Files. Forget about them !
The .scn Files are working on Windows, Mac OS and Linux as well.
These .scn Files are the Important Factor for your Scenes.

Download one of my Scenes, as i suggested you they are simple constructed and investigate them,
and you will see to Build those simple Scenes for your start will be an easy Task.
Typos
Joined in Dec 2020

19 投稿
December 12, 2020
Thanks, I will read on, then. It would be fun to create my own scene, but most of all I would like to get the dancer off the beach, which is the only scene I have, um, seen, so far.
TheEmu
Joined in Jul 2012

3309 投稿
December 12, 2020 (edited)
but most of all I would like to get the dancer off the beach, which is the only scene I have, um, seen, so far.

If that is what you most want to do then simply use your system's file browser to move or copy your alternate images to the folder that currently contains the beach image. You don't even have to match their sizes to those already there, for 2D scenes they get scaled automatically.

It gets a bit more complicated if you want to position the girls differently the different backgrounds - but that is the next step along the way to creating your own scenes. From here on the best way to procede is by reading a some of the posts in the discussions thread and to download a selection of scenes from the Share Your Scenes thread which you can simply install and can also study. Obviously when creating your own scenes it is best to start with simple ones which can be made by modifying some of the simpler examples that can be downloaded.
Typos
Joined in Dec 2020

19 投稿
December 12, 2020
Thanks for all your suggestions. I realize now that scenes aren't what I thought they were at all. I thought a scene was a background that one can choose when going full screen with a dancer. I finally -- for the first time -- actually mananged to play a scene. Apparently these scenes require a lot of processing -- when I try to start one I sometimes just get a blank screen, and my MacBook goes hard to work -- the fan goes full blast. When I get the black screen I've waited what seemed like a reasonable time for the scene to load but finally have given up. My poor little MacBook is getting on in years. (BTW, before you ask, it is maxed out on memory.)

Thanks to your advice I've browsed through the scene folders (including one of your that I downloaded) and have found some excellent images that I can set as a "Desktop Picture," as Apple calls them, and simply watch the dancer full sized against that screen. While it would be fun to run the scenes I'm pretty happy just to have some nice backgrounds for the dancers.

I truly appreciate all your generous advice and information, and the help of others who have responded to my original question.

Stanston
Joined in Aug 2018

1012 投稿
December 12, 2020
@Typos
Apparently these scenes require a lot of processing -- when I try to start one I sometimes just get a blank screen,
and my MacBook goes hard to work -- the fan goes full blast.
The Reason for this is that the Fullscreenmode is using your GPU and the Desktopmode your CPU.
So i guess your old Mac Book has no dedicated GPU ?

Watch my small Desktopvideo here and take a look on my CPU Bars on the right.
My CPU is already slightly older, but still powerful enough to handle iStripper.
If i could use iStripper in Desktopmode 😉
https://www.istripper.com/de/forum/thread/36697/1?post=689828
Running iStripper on some older Hardware is not always a good Idea :)
And the iStripper Client will get more and more Improvements in the Future.
TheEmu
Joined in Jul 2012

3309 投稿
I thought a scene was a background that one can choose when going full screen with a dancer.

That, almost, is what the simplest scenes provide - namely the 2D Backgrounds - and are like a simple desktop wallpaper except that they will block out your desktop. These and other simple scenes should not be a problem for any system made in the last 15 or more years

However some of the other scenes, particularly mine, can make very high demands on the GPU and other users have contributed scenes that use 4k images that may tax less capable machines.
Philours
Joined in Feb 2019

1603 投稿
December 12, 2020
Salut@Typos
Peut-être chercher vous ceci.
Dans votre répertoire scène, il existe Background 2D.
Passer votre souris dessus et une roue de réglage apparait.
Cliquer.
Et vous pouvez ensuite ajouter des fonds de scènes que vous aimer.
Hi @Typos
Maybe you are looking for this.
In your scene directory, there is Background 2D.
Hover your mouse over it and an adjustment wheel appears.
Click.
And then you can add any backdrops you like
Dorsai6
Joined in Apr 2013

1028 投稿
December 12, 2020
@Typos

I've been running iStripper on a variety of Macs for 7 years. If you have any Mac specific questions, just ask. Unfortunately, I have very little experience with full screen scenes because I usually do other work will playing cards in the corner of my screen. For years, I've noticed performance problems with iStripper on my Macs. However, the latest version of iStripper (1.2.277) seems to have mitigated some of these problems. I'm currently running OSX 10.15.7 on a new iMac and a 2019 MacBook Pro.
Stanston
Joined in Aug 2018

1012 投稿
December 12, 2020
@TheEmu
These and other simple scenes should not be a problem for any system made in the last 15 or more years
You should ask the User @goodwolf and his 8 year old Windows 7 Hardware 😉
https://www.istripper.com/forum/thread/45671/1?post=680079
Sexy3DBoy
Joined in Jun 2011

473 投稿
December 12, 2020
Peut-être chercher vous ceci.
Dans votre répertoire scène, il existe Background 2D.
Passer votre souris dessus et une roue de réglage apparait.
Cliquer.

@Philours Vous êtes un membre actif de la HOT line.😆
Philours
Joined in Feb 2019

1603 投稿
^Merci @Sexy3DBoy
Juste essayer de me mettre a la place de @Typos , nouvel utilisateur d'iStripper 😉
Pas encore de réponse, affaire à suivre, donc. 😀😀
Thank you @Sexy3DBoy
Just try to put myself in the shoes of @Typos, new iStripper user 😉
No answer yet, so to follow. 😀😀

@Typos
Pas de capture d'écran disponible ici. Pour vous guider
Pour acéder aux scénes, cliquer sur l'icone en forme d'écran. 😉
@Typos
No screenshot available here. To guide you
To access the scenes, click on the screen icon. 😉😀
stefnev1
モデレータ
Joined in Jul 2008

4553 投稿
December 13, 2020
@Typos
Another tip, don't hesitate to read the user manual include in the software. Just click on the "i" with a circle at the upper right of the GUI and you will learn a lot about the software.

まだ参加することはできません

iStripper の無料ユーザーはフォーラム内のトピックに参加したり新しいトピックを作ることはできません。
でもベーシックカテゴリーには参加できコミュニティーと接することはできます!