Age Verification
This website contains age-restricted material including nudity and explicit content. By entering, you confirm being at least 18 years old or the age of majority in the jurisdiction you are accessing the website from.
I am 18+ or older - Enter
I am under 18 - Exit
Our parental controls page explains how you can easily block access to this site.

New Computer I stripper issues

论坛 / 关于iStripper的一切

TallandSlimMan
已加入 在 Apr 2008

463 发布
July 22
Well. I have retired my 10 year old desktop for a new Dell Alienware model. I have installed Istripper on the new computer. My models files are on an external hard drive. All seems to be good except virtually all of my models show "update" tags. I updated a few...only took a few seconds but I see no change. The real problem is that all models are missing the file showing which clips are available. I have tried updating and restarting to no effect.

Any help appreciated.

Side note: any suggestions on games to try on the game pass?
TallandSlimMan
已加入 在 Apr 2008

463 发布
July 22
And another issue: Some models will not play in full size mode. This seems to affect mostly older shows. I can be playing an older model and it plays in small size...I ask to switch to another it plays in full size. I select an older model from my collection...back to small size???
TallandSlimMan
已加入 在 Apr 2008

463 发布
July 22
My 720P shows are playing at about 25%, my 1080P shows are oplaying at about 50%, my 3k shows are playing at about 80% and my 4k shows are playing at 100%. Must be something wrong with my settings??
Number6
已加入 在 Oct 2010

1143 发布
July 22 (edited)
The real problem is that all models are missing the file showing which clips are available. I have tried updating and restarting to no effect.Any help appreciated.

Assuming you are using the stable version of iStripper then go to settings and make sure advanced is checked.
I think the setting you are looking for is in the Display section of the settings.

There should be a check box that says something like "Display Clips List". Make sure this is "checked".

Unfortunately I am using the Beta version which has a new way of accessing the clips list so the above is from memory.

My 720P shows are playing at about 25%, my 1080P shows are oplaying at about 50%, my 3k shows are playing at about 80% and my 4k shows are playing at 100%. Must be something wrong with my settings??

In the settings for "Desktop" make sure the "Don't Zoom Over 100% of the Clips Original Size" check box is not ticked. Also set fullsize to approx 95%

HTH
TallandSlimMan
已加入 在 Apr 2008

463 发布
July 22
Thank YOU Number6! Both worked.

I am a bit puzzled as to why someone would not want the clips list. Also puzzled as to why Totem recommends the "Don't Zoom" button be checked...

My only problem now is all of those update tags...but I can live with that.

Number6, Thanks again. Very helpful!
Number6
已加入 在 Oct 2010

1143 发布
July 22 (edited)
I am a bit puzzled as to why someone would not want the clips list.

I am not certain but I think this goes back many years. I think at one time having the "Clips List" was limited to certain membership status (Possibly Platinum and above at the time). Hence you couldn't enable the checkbox until you reached this level. I think the "off" by default in a new installation is a "hangover" from this.

In the new 2.0 Beta version you just right click on a card and a sub-menui appears, of which one of the items is "edit clips".

Also puzzled as to why Totem recommends the "Don't Zoom" button be checked...

I think this is because it has to scale the clips to reach the set size. Some of the older shows do not always scale well so the recommendation is not to scale the clips and they play at their original resolution (which is why they look so small on a large screen).

Anyway glad the suggestions worked for you.
TallandSlimMan
已加入 在 Apr 2008

463 发布
July 27
More issues....

I still have the "update" tag on most models. Updating almost 4,000 shows is a bit of a *****. But bigger problems are the discontinued models. Some of those like Camilla and Alizee still play but there is no card image. I know I have those images on the hard drive if someone can show me how to restore them. Then there are discontinued models like ***** O Fee. These show the card images and play but all have that "update" tag. I don't want to "update" these and risk losing the shows. I know some will give the advice of just don't risk updating...but there are so many like this that I ***** i will forget which models have been discontinued and update by mistake as i go through all the updates.

Thanks in advance for the help!
Wyldanimal
主持人
已加入 在 Mar 2008

3896 发布
July 27
advice of just don't risk updating...
The Update sticker is Just a sticker..
it has no affect on the cards playability..

I keep as discontinued cards as hidden
this way they are not seen with the rest of the cards, and can't be accidentally selected.
I add them to a playlist.
then If I want to play them, I just use the playlist.
Even if they are hidden, if they are on a play list they will play.

Never update a card removed from the store.
( you might loose the ability to play them. )
( Never ask the TEAM for Help with a card removed from the Store. They will remove them from your Collection
and refund your purchase )

there is no card image.

If like you say, you have the images on your HD someplace.
just make a custom card image.

aXXXX_custom.jpg
change the aXXXX to match the card number.
so for card a0001
a0001_custom.jpg

Save it in the cards data folder.

Make a Back up copy

Back up the cards removed from the store.
Both the Models and the Data folders.
Keep a copy of all of the files for each card that has been removed from the store.

If you Do accidentally try to update a card that has been removed.
then you have your back up to recover the files from .

Simple restore the files, then do a rebuild collection..
( Never ask the TEAM for Help with a card removed from the Store. They will remove them from your Collection
and refund your purchase )
Wyldanimal
主持人
已加入 在 Mar 2008

3896 发布
July 27
I can't find the card images...

you can make a screen Capture of the model on your screen
then make your own card.

crop and resize the image to that of a card.
162 x 242 Width by Height
then save it in the Data folder of that card
aXXXX_custom.jpg

TallandSlimMan
已加入 在 Apr 2008

463 发布
July 27
As usual Wyldanimal is THE answer man. I vaguely remember these instructions from his previous posts years ago.

I have no idea why some discontinued models have the card image files and some do not. But looking through the files without the images, they are GONE.."this folder is empty"....

I find it disturbing that this can happen.

In any case Wyldanimal constantly preaches to us to back up our files of discontinued models. We should all do this. Because I did this I was able to retrieve the images
muttonjeff
已加入 在 Nov 2008

738 发布
July 28 (edited)
@TallandSlimMan
imho, the thing to do here is ... backup your data folder before anything else gets deleted.👍
then .. if you suddenly find a card has gone blank, you can simply restore the original image and rename it using the "XXXX_custom.jpg" process as Wyldanimal has pointed out (many times before)
(or if you have plenty of spare time... you could create an XXXX_custom.jpg for every card you own 😆 just in case😕 .. although that would only cover the possible loss of card images)

but to be safe, you really should plan to backup your Models and Data folders on a regular basis.
once something has been removed from the Totem servers ... you ain't getting it back😪
TallandSlimMan
已加入 在 Apr 2008

463 发布
July 28
I have backed up many older shows and all of the shows where the models have been deleted. I don't back up every show due to time and storage constraints.

The question remains...where did the original files go? The Istripper program must have deleted them. This needs to be fixed.
muttonjeff
已加入 在 Nov 2008

738 发布
July 28
I have backed up many older shows
Models and Data ?
card images are in the Data folder
Wyldanimal
主持人
已加入 在 Mar 2008

3896 发布
July 28 (edited)
The question remains...where did the original files go?

When a card is removed from the Store it is because the Model requested that Istripper remove her, iStripper also removes all likenesses of her.

So all photos of her are also removed.
This includes the photos on the card images.

In some cases, the team and Moderators also have to remove any past Images of her found on the forums.
It depends on the models removal request.

This also applies to Affiliate Members, so Affiliate Sites such as the WorkShop
would also need to remove all likenesses of her.

So yes, the app removes the standard card images, and you are left with a Blank place holder in your collection Where the card image used to be.

If you already had a custom card image, these are not removed.
and if you create a custom card image, then the blank place holder is replaced by the custom card image.

when you own many removed cards, you see many blank card images.
here is an example
Note: these are ALL playable, and fully functional cards. they just don't have a card image to display.
https://www.istripper.com/customdata/forum/2024-07-28/r6cdcnao.png
JonC001
已加入 在 Mar 2008

1497 发布
July 28
@wyldanimal said this:
So all photos of her are also removed.
This includes the photos on the card images.

I never lost my main card images for the cards of Dianna and Karolina.
I can see the card images for each card of both girls, and I am not using custom images for any of them.
TallandSlimMan
已加入 在 Apr 2008

463 发布
July 29
@muttonjeff Yes, as soon as I see notice a model will be "removed" I back everything up.

@JonC001 Everything remained the same for me as well...until I replaced my computer. That's when I lost some picture files. The strange thing is all of these files were on an external drive....using the same external drives with the new computer as with the old. The only Istripper item on my old or new computer is the program itself...no model or data files. This means the program reached out to my external drive and erased some card files.

disturbing....
muttonjeff
已加入 在 Nov 2008

738 发布
July 29
@TallandSlimMan
although you have an external backup, iStripper defaults to the data folder on your C:drive to store card images, ( C:\Users\.......\AppData\Local\vghd\data ) and removes them from there.
If you have a copy of your original data folder on your backup drive, check the contents... I suspect only the C:drive images are lost
Wyldanimal
主持人
已加入 在 Mar 2008

3896 发布
July 29 (edited)
This means the program reached out to my external drive and erased some card files.

the App uses the Path set in the Registry
if you had Moved the Data files and set the registry path to a new location
that is the location that would be used by the app.

The App Doesn't "Reach out" to Different locations
it Only uses the Path that is set in the registry.
Wyldanimal
主持人
已加入 在 Mar 2008

3896 发布
July 29
go back to the 1st post of this thread.
@TallandSlimMan said he re-installed on a new computer.

In the process, of installing, a new Data folder would be created, and All new card images for the cards would be downloaded.
Any card owned, that has been removed from the store and the Model requested her images removed would have a blank card image by this process.

Not All models request their images to be removed.
and Some of the removed cards, if already owned, can still be re-downloaded.
But don't count on that being the case in the future. Back up your cards.

Since I test with various accounts, I'm installing almost twice a week.

I do have a backup of all of my cards.
But when I do an Install with a test account, and then go back and Install again with my Main account.
None of my Owned, but Removed cards get card images.

If I restore my back up copy 1st, then Install the app, many of the removed cards, end up with No card image.
The Installation process, creates Blank card images for these cards.

to get the images back, I have to restore from my backup, and I use a custom card image in that case.

When I retore my backup.
I never set the registry to my Backup location. Sure that would be Quick and simple... But Never do it...
because, the App might Alter the contents of my backup, if it knows the path to where my back up is.

I make a copy of my backup and set the registry location to this copy.
This takes a bit more time, to make a copy of the backup files to a new location, but it preserves the backup files.

您不允许参加!

作为iStripper 的免费用户,您不能在论坛中回答话题或创建新话题。
但您仍然可以访问基本类别并与我们的社区取得联系!