Age Verification
This website contains age-restricted material including nudity and explicit content. By entering, you confirm being at least 18 years old or the age of majority in the jurisdiction you are accessing the website from.
I am 18+ or older - Enter
I am under 18 - Exit
Our parental controls page explains how you can easily block access to this site.

Anyone with home theater projector experience?

Форум / Всё о iStripper

reddeth71
Присоединился в Jul 2012

45 Сообщения
28 May
I am considering a epson epiqvision flex with a 1280-800 res./ 3000 lunmens for 300 bucks, before I pull the trigger. What would the max screen size with the 1080p shows? Thanks
muttonjeff
Присоединился в Nov 2008

739 Сообщения
28 May (edited)
I am considering a epson epiqvision flex with a 1280-800 res./ 3000 lunmens for 300 bucks, before I pull the trigger. What would the max screen size with the 1080p shows? Thanks
@reddeth71
i see the epson epiqvision flex is a projector, my experience with projector displays is disappointing.
Image quality is dependant on projection distance, ambient light levels and wall/display area surface texture. I tried one a couple of years ago and got rid of it.
I use a Samsung U32R590 32Inch Curved UHD 4K Monitor (3840 x 2160 res) and at the optimal viewing distance (around 18in) it is awesome 😎 and appears equivalent size to a 17ft x 10ft screen (whole wall) at 9 ft viewing distance
also around $300

Anyway .. good luck 👍
Tom313
Присоединился в Dec 2019

20 Сообщения
30 May
I use a projector for movies mainly. Mine is from Optoma and Full HD, screen size is 20ft wide and around 11 ft height. It's under the roof, it's pretty much the maximum I could get there, 3 ft are left to the floor.

Resulotion is not as important as with a monitor, but 1280x800 is really not much. At work I saw a huge difference in meeting rooms between 1280x800 and Full HD for text quality in presentations. And for movies 1080p is also a resolution where no down- or upscaling is necessary. So smaller was never an option for me.

But it's true, projectors don't like ambient light. I use it mainly in evening and can dim my room. A room with free windows and bright daylight wouldn't be good. Lumen help, but the darker the better.

On the pro side for me: nothing beats size. Switching back to TV is like looking in a small box (even 40" TVs), and istripper shows should probably be around lifesize on a projector screen.

If it really will be only 1280x800 I would say you still can have the same screen size, but details will not be as sharp. There is not a fixed ratio, but rather a personal preference and also depends on how close you are to the screen. Compare your mobile to your computer screen, then you see what I mean. Mobile is small, but has more pixel per inch. Monitor is large, but with less pixel per inch. If you put your nose on the screen, your mobile will be better, the further you move away the more size will beat the pixel per inch.

Not exactly the answer to your question, but I hope it helps for the decision if a projector and that model is the right for you.
Wyldanimal
Присоединился в Mar 2008

3898 Сообщения
30 May
@reddeth71
the Epson EpiqVision Flex CO-W01 is 1280x800

save up and spend the extra $200 ( $500 range) on the
Epson EpiqVision Flex CO-FH02
it is the FULL HD version that gives you 1920 x 1080 resolution.

So take the time to fully research all of your Options that fit your budget.

lukaszr
Присоединился в Dec 2007

721 Сообщения
31 May
Yep, I would definitely not go below 1920x1080. FullHD is the optimal resolution in my opinion. HD is too small and has not enough details on large screens. 4K is too expensive, but it depends what is your budget.

Two years ago I purchased Acer H6531BD. It was one of the cheapest FullHD projectors at that time. Would I buy it again? I'm not sure. Don't get me wrong, it is good projector, it has great options for image adjustment, it has nice colors, enough slots for external devices (2x HDMI, 1x VGA - yes, I wanted to be able to plug my old laptp with VGA output). It has no wi-fi mode, but I didn't need that. However, after around one and half year one dead pixel appeared in one of the corners. I don't know if it's because of device quality or I was just unlucky. I can live with one dead pixel, but it leaves a bit of dissatisfaction. Even if I wanted to buy it again, after two years this model is discontinued and there are newer versions out there.

I'm using my projector with 120" screen and DENON amplituner, mainly for movies and sometimes for old games (Nintendo). The projector is mounted under the ceiling, around 4 meters away from the screen. When looking for projector take the minimum and maximum distance from screen into consideration. You can look for online calculators. They will tell you how far you can mount projector from your screen/wall to get the best experience. For example:
https://www.projectorcentral.com/projection-calculator-pro.cfm

Of course windows has to be covered and you will get the best experience at evening and on cloudy days.
willyweekly
Присоединился в Jul 2015

374 Сообщения
1 June
From what I remember, get the replacement bulb when you buy. The bulb by itself used to be about half the price of the projector. If you are offered the extra bulb, then look into the cost. bulbs are rediculously expensive.
Wyldanimal
Присоединился в Mar 2008

3898 Сообщения
1 June
No Bulbs in these Modern low price Projectors.
LED's
willyweekly
Присоединился в Jul 2015

374 Сообщения
1 June
No Bulbs in these Modern low price Projectors.LED's

I gave up on these products a while back becuase of the expense and add ons.
Maybe it is time for me to review my thoughts about this.

reddeth71
Присоединился в Jul 2012

45 Сообщения
12 June
UPDATE! I found a Sony Vpl-hw-30es 1080p projector, and Aragon 800x3 amp run by a Lexicon mc1, and a set of Defitive technology bp-2000 dipole speaker towers at a local Thritf shop..........
The projector has 4000 hours but the incadecscent bulb still looks pretty goo. Bulbs are like 150 bucks cheap compared to MSRP! Bought a 40 dollar screen ***** on the wall in my living room, with the length of 12 feet front to back it gives me almost a 100 inch screen....
Its like having a strip club in my Living room! The girls are like almost life sized! Its definatle worth buying this used because it as good as the cheap eqipment and I did get a warranty on all the stuff I bought.

No Bulbs in these Modern low price Projectors.LED'sI gave up on these products a while back becuase of the expense and add ons.Maybe it is time for me to review my thoughts about this.
I found that newegg is the place for the OEM bulbs in these older projectors. 300.00 bucks for a 1600 lumens proj is a good buy! Seeing my fav girl Tracy Smile, standing almost 5 foot tall on my wall makes istripper experince a whole new level!
muttonjeff
Присоединился в Nov 2008

739 Сообщения
12 June (edited)
Seeing my fav girl Tracy Smile, standing almost 5 foot tall on my wall makes istripper experince a whole new level!
Happy for you ... Tracy Smile full size 😍 only 3D could make that better (or her actually standing next to me)
Got me thinking now ... perhaps I should reconsider a projector

anyway .. good luck
willyweekly
Присоединился в Jul 2015

374 Сообщения
16 June
Got me thinking now ... perhaps I should reconsider a projectoranyway .. good luck

Maybe we could go in on one together!

😜
muttonjeff
Присоединился в Nov 2008

739 Сообщения
16 June
Got me thinking now ... perhaps I should reconsider a projector
anyway .. good luck

Maybe we could go in on one together!
😜
and what ??? ....... ship it back and forth .. East coast / West coast, every other week 😕
or did you want to meet up somewhere and snuggle down to watch it together ???😱
😂😂😂😂😂😂

If you can arrange for Emiri Momota and Alissa Foxy to join in ... I could be interested .
willyweekly
Присоединился в Jul 2015

374 Сообщения
18 June
um, yeah, I will have it the first week, and I'll ship it to you after I am done...

trust me....

(if you get Emiri Momota and Alissa Foxy, then I will gladly travel! )

Вам ещё не разрешается участвовать

Будучи бесплатным пользователем iStripper, вам не разрешается отвечать на форуме или же создавать новую тему.
Но вы можете просмотреть основные категории форума или познакомиться с его участниками !