Age Verification
This website contains age-restricted material including nudity and explicit content. By entering, you confirm being at least 18 years old or the age of majority in the jurisdiction you are accessing the website from.
I am 18+ or older - Enter
I am under 18 - Exit
Our parental controls page explains how you can easily block access to this site.

Moving to new computer - need help with backups

Форум / Всё о iStripper

Voluntas
Присоединился в Aug 2022

18 Сообщения
2 November 2023
Hi all!

In a couple days I'll be moving my account to a new computer, which means that I will also start afresh with the latest version of iStripper. So far, so good, but my problem is that I don't know what will happen with some of my cards which are no longer available in store...

More precisely, I have the two Dianna & Kristina cards (BFF's and Sweet & Sexy, #0807/#0808) I really like and don't want to lose. From what I remember, discontinued shows can no longer be obtained once you delete them or when you need to re-download them. However, I do remember some users talking about backups a couple times but I can't find the relevant discussion threads mentioning the details of how exactly to save my cards and port them to a new system.

If anyone knows a tutorial of some sorts and could point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
muttonjeff
Присоединился в Nov 2008

740 Сообщения
2 November 2023
@Voluntas .. backup is simple .. and manual
MAKE SURE your new setup is fully working before considering deleting anything from the old computer.

Install iStripper on your new computer using your current Pseudo and Password. If you change to a new username/Pseudo, you will not have access to your current library on this installation.
but... as long as you can login on your old computer, it will all still be available there.

quit iStripper
if you have a backup usb drive (easiest option), simply copy any/all files you want to keep, from the old computer to that backup device and then copy the files to the new computer. (you can get a 1Tb drive for $50 - $60). It's good practice to keep a backup in case you lose your HDD/SSD.

the files are stored in ... C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Local\vghd\models

if you don't want the backup usb, you could transfer files via your LAN.
stefnev1
Присоединился в Jul 2008

4555 Сообщения
2 November 2023
@Voluntas
In addition to the @muttonjeff 's post, you can copy the Data folder too in order to have the same configuration you had on your old PC. When you will start from the new PC, the software will launch in the same way than on the old PC.
Voluntas
Присоединился в Aug 2022

18 Сообщения
2 November 2023
Wow thanks a lot guys!! That's some really helpful info. Ok, so it's not as complicated as I previously thought..

Now I only need to check and double check my cards and see which ones have been pulled from the store shelves, make a backup and then move everything to the new rig.

Btw, good idea muttonjeff regarding an extra safety drive! That's an option I should definitely consider. Better to have a secure stash to fall back on in case something goes wrong, LOL. 😉
theRunaways
Присоединился в Mar 2023

6 Сообщения
3 November 2023
Hello, my PC runs under Win11. But I can't find the folder vghd/models. The path, you have written above, is not to find on my PC. Is there another path under Win11?
mdekker
Присоединился в Oct 2007

99 Сообщения
3 November 2023 (edited)
AppData may be a hidden folder. Select "Show Hidden items" in your explorer settings.

BTW you can check the path in your iStripper settings. Mark "Advanced Settings" on the top left of the settings page and scroll to the "Data" section.
muttonjeff
Присоединился в Nov 2008

740 Сообщения
3 November 2023 (edited)
@theRunaways

I have a link pinned on my taskbar.
right click on the iStripper icon, and select Properties.
Now click on Open File Location

With no taskbar link, click the Start menu, right click the IStripper link and click Open File Location
this will open the 'links' folder.
right click on the iStripper link, and select Properties.
Now click on Open File Location

these will open the /bin folder. from there you can navigate up one level to the /vghd folder to see the /data and /models folders. I am on Windows 11 and it works for me.

Wyldanimal
Присоединился в Mar 2008

3900 Сообщения
3 November 2023 (edited)
From in the iStripper App
click the drop down Menu near the top right next to your user name
then click on FullScreen to open the FullScreen page
Near the top left is a Folder Icon
Click on the single Folder Icon

That will Open an Explorer Window to the Scenes Folder
From the you can Navigate to the Parent Data folders
From the Data folder you can Navigate to it's Parent VGHD Folder

and Finally from the VGHD Folder you can Navigate to the subFolder Models Folder
theRunaways
Присоединился в Mar 2023

6 Сообщения
4 November 2023
Hello, good morning and thank you. With your tips I've found the data.👍😄
Marcelml1979
Присоединился в Nov 2007

44 Сообщения
4 November 2023
tip when need to go to the appdata\local map. Just go type %LOCALAPPDATA% in explorer and you'll be there directly
no need to open hidden folders..

also for AppData\Roaming just use %APPDATA% for this...

Also another tip i'll use a Free tool (SyncBackFree) to back-up all VGHD folders to my NAS

Вам ещё не разрешается участвовать

Будучи бесплатным пользователем iStripper, вам не разрешается отвечать на форуме или же создавать новую тему.
Но вы можете просмотреть основные категории форума или познакомиться с его участниками !