Age Verification
This website contains age-restricted material including nudity and explicit content. By entering, you confirm being at least 18 years old or the age of majority in the jurisdiction you are accessing the website from.
I am 18+ or older - Enter
I am under 18 - Exit
Our parental controls page explains how you can easily block access to this site.
SiaBaz
Присоединился в Oct 2010

34 Сообщения
8 April 2016
How many Demos am I allowed to view ?
Would I be allowed to view about 3000 collection ?
How many days can I view demos ?
Is there a time limit ?
Ok it's in none nude demo , I understand that .
Since the price increase , I tried the demo over & over again I'm impressed it's free & excellent on desktop ,
Would I really need to buy collection ? If Demos are free without time limited or number of time CAPPED .
In advanced option would I be able to view 10 demos at a time ?
The reason I asked not much information about DEMOS .

Demos ?

43 Число голосов

01 - Unlimited time on DEMOS
95%
02 - Limited time on DEMOS
5%
Dorsai6
Присоединился в Apr 2013

1028 Сообщения
8 April 2016
The current version of iStripper imposes no limits on the number of demos you load, how often you play them or how long you keep them.

In the past, some members here have discussed whether there should be a limit on the free demos. The concern is that some people might ***** this. I've argued that any limit is not worth the programming effort and that Totem should only go this route if it sees real *****. Remember, they know what people are downloading. To me the demos are advertising. I can't imagin someone commiting lots of disk space to demos and never buying a card. Since demos are downloaded via P2P, there is essentially no direct cost to Totem. Considering the cost of a single show is very low, I can't imagine someone with, say 1000 demos, not buying one show to see what it's like and one show leads to another as we all know.
Wyldanimal
Присоединился в Mar 2008

3896 Сообщения
8 April 2016
I believe that once totem has some statistics, there will be limits in place.
For now, there are none.

Totem pays for the Bandwidth and Servers, so it's not Free..

Dorsai6
Присоединился в Apr 2013

1028 Сообщения
8 April 2016
Totem pays for the Bandwidth and Servers, so it's not Free..
I thought the demos were P2P and, therefore, free. If the demos cost Totem bandwidth, then agree there is a cost issue and that may require some limits.

If Totem does decide to limit demos, I can see two basic alternatives:

1. Limit the total number of demos that can be downloaded based on the total number of cards purchased. example: 40 demos plus twice the number of shows you own.

2. Limit the number of demos that can be downloaded in some period of time like a month based on the number of cards purchased in some period of time like the current plus prior month. example: 10 demos per month plus three times the number of shows you bought since the start of the prior month.

They could embellish this by charging, say 2 credits (new price scale = $.20) for each demo above the set limit. I'm assuming that a demo is 5-10% the size of a full show and the download cost to Totem is proportional.

Wyldanimal
Присоединился в Mar 2008

3896 Сообщения
8 April 2016
I thought the demos were P2P and, therefore, free.
P2P has to be Seeded First.
Totems servers act as a back up if there aren't any P2P files being shared.
Dorsai6
Присоединился в Apr 2013

1028 Сообщения
8 April 2016
P2P has to be Seeded First.
Of course! (smacking head)

OK, so there is a cost to Totem. Totem shouldn't allow that cost to become more than the cost of demos in the old VG carrousel. When Totem has enough of a data baseline, I imagin that will be a key issue in whether to impose limits of demos. I hope that won't become necessary, but I'll certainly understand if ***** requires changes.

Given the number of cards in my collection and my buying habits, I don't expect any limits imposed will have a significant effect on me.

SiaBaz
Присоединился в Oct 2010

34 Сообщения
9 April 2016
I have a friend he ***** becuase it is FREE and then he criticis VG (istripper) is crap doing the same move nothing different U can't virtually control or do something different .
He enjoys watching new release ,but never bought one . I think he delete old DEMOs to save hard drive space .( he is always ***** low on HDD space .
Then he has over 1000+ DEMOS on DESKTOP not PAID for , He has the nerve to calls me mad because I bought all the collection & ***** my money ,

I believe something should be done about it .
Dorsai6
Присоединился в Apr 2013

1028 Сообщения
9 April 2016
I believe something should be done about it .
I agree and this is true about a great many things. The problem is to do something that does not unfairly burden good people including Totem. Writing additional code to limit demos is a burden on Totem. Having limits would be a burden on legitimate customers. I believe the burden of demo limits outweighs the benefit, but that will be Totem's decision.

The top of my personal "Something should be done about it" list includes ***** drivers, software pirates, and criminal hackers. I don't see a simple solution to any of these that doesn't impose a burden of the good people.

SiaBaz
Присоединился в Oct 2010

34 Сообщения
9 April 2016 (edited)
I didn't meant - ( I believe something should be done about it .) it was just heat of a moment .

They not breaking any law . So let them enjoy because it's --- FREE ------
I enjoy FREE lunch at McDonald & I've had free trips I never paid for ,etc....

Since the price increase on VG (istripper) ,I'm seeing DEMO's as well .

A piece of mind - a price increase on 4k that's understandable , but why price increase on old collection & still view so much DEMOs there's NO restriction but limited

If it is a price increase because of DEMOs & not perchasing them , that is disappointing ?????
If members did perchase will the price decrease ?

Вам ещё не разрешается участвовать

Будучи бесплатным пользователем iStripper, вам не разрешается отвечать на форуме или же создавать новую тему.
Но вы можете просмотреть основные категории форума или познакомиться с его участниками !