[VGHD] Addon: Custom playlist manager

Форум / Всё о iStripper

silent1121
Присоединился в Jul 2008

43 Сообщения
6 September 2017
i downloaded the newest java RE i have the newest update for istripper and i downloaded your program...then i extracted it to its own folder and i also extracted the istripperplaylistmanager extraction folder that was inside everything else i unzipped then when i open the folder i dont see any execution istripperplaylistmanager.jar at all just another extraction folder...im totally *****
RAGORN
Присоединился в Dec 2007

208 Сообщения
7 September 2017
i downloaded the newest java RE i have the newest update for istripper and i downloaded your program...then i extracted it to its own folder and i also extracted the istripperplaylistmanager extraction folder that was inside everything else i unzipped then when i open the folder i dont see any execution istripperplaylistmanager.jar at all just another extraction folder...im totally *****

Normally, you should see a file called "iStripperPlaylistManager". This is the executable file that with load the program. If it doesn't work I don't know how to help you furthermore. You'll need to wait for some more advice.
nurebau32
Присоединился в Mar 2008

49 Сообщения
7 September 2017
@silent
So you should have downloaded a zip file named, istripperplaylistmanager2_11.zip
Then you should have extracted it in the same folder as the zip file is in.
That would have given you a folder named IStripperPlaylistManager.
Opening that folder you should see a list of files:
xfiledialog64.dll
DebugLog.txt
iStripperPlaylistManager.jar
log4j.properties
vghdplay.ini
vghdplayblackgui.ini
vghdplayDarkBlue.ini
xfiledialog.dll

If the above is not what you experienced then you, your unzipping program, your antivirus program, or your operating system is not operating properly. (Note that the word Starryk is not in the above sentence.)
I recommend asking for basic file unzipping help in another section of iStripper's forum.

silent1121
Присоединился в Jul 2008

43 Сообщения
7 September 2017
@nurebau32 i did exactly that and i do have a file that says istripperplaylistmanager.jar but its another zip file instead of a executable...it makes no sense since i just downloaded the newest java RE and the newest istripper version...which is why im annoyed...UGH lol
Wyldanimal
Присоединился в Mar 2008

3838 Сообщения
7 September 2017
@nurebau32 i did exactly that and i do have a file that says istripperplaylistmanager.jar but its another zip file instead of a executable...it makes no sense since i just downloaded the newest java RE and the newest istripper version...which is why im annoyed...UGH lol

This is a 3rd Party created Add on. It IS NOT part of iStripper.
It was created in Java, so to use it, you must have a Working Java Environment on your PC.

You first have to Instsall a the Java Runtime Enviorment.

That .JAR file IS the Java Executable, If you have the Java Runtime Environment installed.

https://java.com/en/download/
fetishp
Присоединился в Feb 2008

38 Сообщения
7 September 2017
This addon is nice, but I just have one question.
When I export my playlist from iStripper Playlist Manager its .jpl files.
Can we export created playlist in .vpl files ?

Thank you
DANO70
Присоединился в Feb 2008

741 Сообщения
7 September 2017 (edited)
Yes you can. Just when this playlist manager asks you to save it you have to add the .vpl file extension to change it to .vpl. You may have to go into windows folder options to allow it to show hidden file extensions before you see it to change it. Also from my experiance you have to change it in that save window only before it saves or it wont work. Because it writes the file differently. Simply changeing the extension after it writes in .jpl is what this means and won't work.
fetishp
Присоединился в Feb 2008

38 Сообщения
7 September 2017
Yes you can. Just when this playlist manager asks you to save it you have to remove the .jpl file extension and change it to .vpl. You may have to go into windows folder options to allow it to show hidden file extensions before you see it to change it. Also from my experiance you have to change it in that save window only before it saves or it wont work. Because it writes the file differently. Simply changeing the extension after it writes in .jpl is what this means and won't work.

THank you
DANO70
Присоединился в Feb 2008

741 Сообщения
7 September 2017 (edited)
That's one cool thing about that you can then load it in istrippers insertplaylist/now playing window and it will play the clips in the order just like the manager would.
Tick the repeat box at the bottom and it will play the list over and over. You'll also notice the bored/want attention transitions the girls do in new cards also display in full size mode as well when done this way.
DANO70
Присоединился в Feb 2008

741 Сообщения
8 September 2017 (edited)
Here's another fun fact I just realised using the playlist manager's built playlist that might be usefull to Starryk or anyone. You simply use it as in the above posts in istripper's insert/playlist window, haveing the playlist saved as .vpl still applies of course.
What I just realised is it works in small mode too with multiple cards, it treats each card as a independent playlist as it plays through the intire playlist and the repeat function also still applies. This to me has to be the most effcient way for now to play cards as you want in the order you want in desktop mode. I've only used this with 4 cards running via istrippers max girls setting so I don't know about more but assume more should. Also you don't have to have a single card enabled to do any of this. Just istripper running and on. Also you can turn off/on istripper at anytime (not quit) and it starts where it left off.

I know you can do this simular with ***** and dropping clips within istripper but it doesn't have the good standing transitions that way and is very time consumeing to me.
sxmn
Присоединился в May 2013

23 Сообщения
29 September 2017
Hey guys
so will this work on a MAC or not?
Dorsai6
Присоединился в Apr 2013

1027 Сообщения
29 September 2017 (edited)
I'm a Mac user. None of the 3 playlist managers will work on the Mac. You can, however, create a Windows environment on you Mac where they will work. BootCamp come free with OSX, but I don't use it. I use VMware Fusion, but I don't run iStripper under windows. I do have an Access Database application that I run on windows that links to iStripper in my Mac environment and lets me create playlists. I also have a number of AppleScripts that let me do things with iStripper on my Mac. One of them lets me enable or disable clips based on their staging. e.g. Enable all glass clips or all swing clips.

EDIT: Contact me with a private message. I'm willing to share what I have.
sxmn
Присоединился в May 2013

23 Сообщения
29 September 2017
used too use Parallels for awhile but currently im off windows completl
any thing in mac which will gain me more control that can be done easily?
Dorsai6
Присоединился в Apr 2013

1027 Сообщения
29 September 2017
in the past I worked as a programmer. Now it is just a hobby. Someday I'll lear Java and write a playlist manager for the Mac, but don't hold your breadth. There as some useful things that can be done in AppleScript, but iStripper removed the ability to control the playing of cards and clips by pushing a card or clip number into the parameters.ForceAnim field of the com.totem.vghd.plst preference file. Under VG this worked and I could make a new card or clip start with an AppleScript. Under iStripper the field is still present, but it doesn't work. I think this is a programming error by whoever ported iStripper to the Mac.

Are you familiar with preference files on the Mac? Can you program in AppleScript? There are a lot of things you can do, but it will require time.

I also try to avoid windows, but my clients use Windows and i need some software that only runs on Windows.
Starryk
Присоединился в Nov 2008

1859 Сообщения
30 September 2017 (edited)
@silent1121: The jar file is indeed a zip file but you should not extract it, but start it. The problem occurs if the extension .jar ist connected to WinRar or WinZip instead to the JRE. Then when you double click on it WinRar or WinZip will start instead of Java.
In the instruction manual (pdf file that is included in the zip file) i gave a link to another program that will repair this. You can find the link in the Troubleshooting Secion of the manual.
Fox991
Присоединился в Oct 2010

25 Сообщения
12 November 2017 (edited)
I'm casually working on a playlist manager. It is written in Visual Basic 6.

Can the duration of each clip be obtained through a function call?
Alternatively, is there a way to tell when a clip has finished playing?
Dorsai6
Присоединился в Apr 2013

1027 Сообщения
12 November 2017
There is a way to tell when a clip changes. I work on a Mac. On the Mac there is a preference file that contains a lot of status information about iStripper including a list of currently playing clips. When a clip is replaced by a new clip that list changes. I believe the same thing is true about the Registry in Windows. On the Mac this information is parameters.CurrentAnim.

You can estimate the duration of a clip by calculating the average bits/second of the card based = (sum of size of all clip files in the models folder)/(duration of card from models.lst file) Then you can estimate clip duration = clip file size/average bps.

I have a playlist manager (not as good as the others) written in VB in MS Access. Send me an email in a private message here and I'll send you a copy. This will only help if you have MS Access.
Dorsai6
Присоединился в Apr 2013

1027 Сообщения
12 November 2017
There is a way to tell when a clip changes. I work on a Mac. On the Mac there is a preference file that contains a lot of status information about iStripper including a list of currently playing clips. When a clip is replaced by a new clip that list changes. I believe the same thing is true about the Registry in Windows. On the Mac this information is parameters.CurrentAnim.

You can estimate the duration of a clip by calculating the average bits/second of the card based = (sum of size of all clip files in the models folder)/(duration of card from models.lst file) Then you can estimate clip duration = clip file size/average bps.

I have a playlist manager (not as good as the others) written in VB in MS Access. Send me an email in a private message here and I'll send you a copy. This will only help if you have MS Access.
lukaszr
Присоединился в Dec 2007

720 Сообщения
12 November 2017
@Dorsai6
I believe the same thing is true about the Registry in Windows.

Yes, there is something like this.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Totem\vghd\player

variable currentClips can be:
  • empty string if nothing is playing
  • clip name if one clip is playing (in full or small mode), for example: f0260_10201.vghd
  • clip list if more clips are currently playing (in small mode). Names are separated with space, for example: f0260_10201.vghd e0223_6153101.demo a0036_68106.vghd
dar2112v
Присоединился в Dec 2007

447 Сообщения
12 November 2017
@Dorsai6

So after all these years it just dawned on me that you are using MS Access on a Mac to control IS? I assume you are using Access in a VM but what are you doing with the database on the Mac?

spiderman1804
Присоединился в Feb 2008

439 Сообщения
13 November 2017
Here a screenshot from my batch file.

I have stoped this batch file (Windows) after 10 minutes.
Any second are checking if value have changed.
When value have changed then time and value are displayed.
Dorsai6
Присоединился в Apr 2013

1027 Сообщения
13 November 2017
@dar2112v

I'm a data geek. I do data modeling and analysis for a living. I've been using Access since about 1992. I run Access, Visio, ERwin and System Architect in a VWware fusion virtual machine running Windows 7 on my Mac since that software will not run under OSX. I don't use Access to control iStripper, just to access its files and generate playlists. This is why my playlist manager is not as fully functional as the others. I run iStripper in my Mac OSX environment and I've never messed with the Widows Registry. I use AppleScript to interact more intimately with iStripper but since Totem converted from VirtuaGirl to iStripper it has not been possible to push a "play this clip next" into iStripper's preference file. The data field is still present, but iStripper seems to ignore it.

I use Access extensively to build data architecture repository databases/applications as tools to help me with my work. It is much more capable than the tools available in the Mac environment.

Send me your email via a PM here and I'll send you a copy of my iStripper database application. Then you can see for yourself. I've added the ability to tag clips with whatever I wish and to build playlists based on those tags.
Fox991
Присоединился в Oct 2010

25 Сообщения
13 November 2017
@Dorsai6
I don't have MS Access, but perhaps looking at the code will give me an idea of the options.
Models.lst is a binary file, I don't yet understand its structure.

@lukaszr
I'll look into accessing the registry via VB6. Never tried this before, but I'm willing to learn.

@spiderman1804
What is your batch file checking to get the start and stop times?

A few details:
I'm running iStripper version 1.2.114 (Qt 5.4.2)
I'm using Wyld's VGHD-Clips.exe to make a clip begin playing. From within VB6, all I need to do is invoke the SHELL command with Wyld's program + path of the clip.

The program I have so far creates a list of clips as shown in the attachment. My current method is to play a clip, then press a key when it's finished, which the program stores as a duration. It's a slow method when you have thousands of clips, but on the plus side, it only has to be done once.
Dorsai6
Присоединился в Apr 2013

1027 Сообщения
13 November 2017
@Fox991

You can run my Access database application with a free run-time application from Microsoft, but it will not let you see either the code or the database tables themselves. However, I can send you a ASCII file with all the VisualBASIC code and the user notes has an entity relationship diagram showing the table structure. Send me you email in a Private Message here.
dar2112v
Присоединился в Dec 2007

447 Сообщения
14 November 2017
@Dorsai6

Thanks and interesting? I'm an admin but not much of a programmer. I would love to check out the Access MDB ... sending PM.
TracerKI
Присоединился в Mar 2008

31 Сообщения
14 November 2017
Is it possible to add an option for random left/right entry? They removed it from the program options (I assume because more than one model made it a hassle to program)
Chicsans
Присоединился в Jul 2009

770 Сообщения
14 November 2017
Happy Birthday @TracerKI
spiderman1804
Присоединился в Feb 2008

439 Сообщения
14 November 2017
@Fox991
My batch file checks the registry entry "currentClips" in "vghd \ player" after a short break.
The interruption is important for the ***** query, with the shortest time being one second.
The entry is displayed. If the entry has changed, a new line is output.

If multiple cards are playing at the same time, then an evaluation is a bit more difficult because every change is displayed.

When will a line be output through my batch file:
  • more clips than before
  • Less clips than before, even if no clip is displayed
  • Change the clip of a card (next clip in the sequence)
Fox991
Присоединился в Oct 2010

25 Сообщения
15 November 2017
@spiderman1804

This may be the solution I'm looking for. I play one clip at a time with a 10 second delay between clips.
spiderman1804
Присоединился в Feb 2008

439 Сообщения
15 November 2017 (edited)
@Fox991

The query, which clip is played, is processed by a loop.

If no clip is played before the loop is started, then the first changed value is the starting value (only if one card is used).
If no clips are playing, the entry is empty. Then play a clip in the next loop pass, then this clip is displayed.

If the loop continues to run, then the value changes when a new clip of a sequence is played (another value) or the clip has ended (empty entry).

In order to leave the loop sometime, you need a termination condition.

###

In the PM to you, I have sent a screenshot of my batch file.
In a similar way, your programming should be done in VisualBasic.

When playing clips in a sequence, there is no 10 second break between clips, and then another clip name is displayed.

Вам ещё не разрешается участвовать

Будучи бесплатным пользователем iStripper, вам не разрешается отвечать на форуме или же создавать новую тему.
Но вы можете просмотреть основные категории форума или познакомиться с его участниками !