iStripper mobile | Official version - Q&A

Forum / Wszystko o iStripper

mitchell

253 post(y/ów)
November 18, 2022
I tried to install istripper mobile on my laptop as a web app using the microsoft edge desktop web browser. I have to say it actually looks pretty good. Snapped to the right, using one third of the screen it looks like a proper app. The design team did a good job here. If they really get the VR shows on this app and it's included in the 7.99 price I may consider it after all.
dar2112v

446 post(y/ów)
November 18, 2022
WHY ARE YOU CHARGING FOR MOBILE SHOWS AT ALL IF YOUR PLAN WAS TO TAKE THEM AWAY???????

@froon0 you are correct and anyone capable of thinking about it openly would agree. If you have no interest in keeping the shows for the desktop then I would contact Totem support and explain the situation and ask for credit towards the mobile app.

The product you beta tested required buying cards or there would be nothing to Beta test. Switching it to a subscription is effectively a different product and not the product you beta tested. If anything, the mobile app is a Beta test to switching the desktop version to subscription as well.

I thought the mobile app was there to add value to desktop users and try and get the interest of mobile users but I guess Totem saw an opportunity to make a buck. I don't fault them for that but they really need to make mobile users whole.
TheEmu

3309 post(y/ów)
November 18, 2022 (edited)
@ComteDracula

Why don't you let the Totem team answer?

Because I am, like you, well aware that Totem provide little in the way of feedback - and, like any business, are very unlikely to explain basic business decisions. I, like you, would welcome more feedback. And also think it would indeed often be in Totem's interest to provide it - but not necessarily so in this case, where any explanation should be given to their investors not to their customers.

Customer satisfaction is not, and in my opinion never should be, the primary purpose of a normal business. If you look on customer satisfaction as a tool, or something to exploit, for increasing or maintaining profits then you will go a long way in understanding many business decisions. (and by profit I do not just mean short term profit).

Of course in reality it is not always black and white and many companies do indulge in things that are not purely profit driven - but as a first approximation it is useful to examine "offers" and other features by assuming that they are.

In the case of the mobile streaming service there will be a cost to the company in providing it. Possibly a considerable cost especially if you consider that streamed shows have to be served each time they are played rather than just once for a downloaded card. In order to justify (to their investors) providing the service that cost needs to be regained in some way, some possible ways are

1 - Increased sales
    2 - Charging for it
    3 - Advertising

If increased sales would not cover the extra costs (something that the Beta version could have determined) then what do you think Totem should have done ?
Sexy3DBoy

469 post(y/ów)
November 18, 2022
Why don't you let the Totem team answer?
@iStripper n'a pas à se justifier c'est un business privé avec ses propres lois commerciales. Tu suis ou tu suis pas !!! C'est la règle !!!

Ce qui me fait bien rigoler c'est qu'ils se plaignent de payer iStripper sur leur smartphone à 2000$.😆
JonC001

1393 post(y/ów)
November 18, 2022
That user joined a little over six years ago, but has no posts, no cards, and no comments.
muttonjeff

691 post(y/ów)
I have no interest in viewing iStripper on a tiny screen so i don't use the mobile version.
However, reading the license agreement, I see this change as breaking the agreement Totem comitted to before these changes (... retroactive). Although any user agreed to comply with all/any future changes (by accepting the agreement), I believe that should not affect pre-existing collections.

just my opinion

having said that, I wish Totem great success

IX. UPDATES AND MODIFICATIONS
Totem may provide Updates to the Product that must be updated for you to continue to play the Product. Each time you open the Product, you hereby give your consent to Totem to run any Updates to the Product, with or without additional notification to you.
Totem reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to revise, update, change, modify, add to, supplement, or delete certain terms of this License Agreement as the Product and the law evolve; provided, however, that material changes to this License Agreement will not be applied retroactively. Such changes will be effective with or without prior notice to you. You can review the most current version of this License Agreement by clicking on the "EULA" link located at the bottom of the Product. You are responsible for checking this License Agreement periodically for changes. If the Product requires an Update at the time you launch the Product to access the Product, you will also have the opportunity to review and to accept or reject the current version of this License Agreement. If any future changes to this License Agreement are ***** to you or cause you to no longer be in agreement or compliance with this License Agreement, you may terminate this License Agreement in accordance and must immediately stop using the Product. Your continued use of the Product following any revision to this License Agreement constitutes your complete and irrevocable acceptance of any and all such changes.
TheEmu

3309 post(y/ów)
November 18, 2022
My take on this is that those terms applied to the beta product, and only to the beta product. I see no promise that the beta product would have an unlimited lifetime. The change was not applied retroactively (though it may have seemed that way) but was handled just as described by

If the Product requires an Update at the time you launch the Product to access the Product, you will also have the opportunity to review and to accept or reject the current version of this License Agreement....

I don't like it - but I see no actual ***** of the terms.
SiaBaz

34 post(y/ów)
November 18, 2022
I spend , is your income

i'm a low income worker can't afford ........ I don't earn £100,000 a year to splash money ,
Bills are going up , tax is up ,cost of Living is up , no payrise
Struggling to pay Bills , on a monthly income

i.e. - ( That is why i'm not buying a BMW car , to turn on certain features there is a monthly subscription Fee ) there seem to be a monthly subscription trend .....

Count me out , not interested - mobile app - malware deleting money from the account . ( Heard about FTX )

ComteDracula

1237 post(y/ów)
November 18, 2022
@iStripper n'a pas à se justifier c'est un business privé avec ses propres lois commerciales. Tu suis ou tu suis pas !!! C'est la règle !!!.😆

Le titre de se fil de discussion est "iStripper mobile - Version officielle - Q&R" Et c'est Celine membre de l'équipe qui l'a débuté.

Les réponses doivent elles venir des clients ou de l'équipe de Totem ?

Si c'est pour se répondre entre nous, ce genre de fil de discussion n'a alors aucune utilité.

Totem devrait alors cessé de demander si les gens ont des questions, que je trouve ici légitimes des clients, s'ils n'ont pas à répondre ou à se justifier comme vous dites.

Customer satisfaction is not, and in my opinion never should be, the primary purpose of a normal business. If you look on customer satisfaction as a tool, or something to exploit, for increasing or maintaining profits then you will go a long way in understanding many business decisions. (and by profit I do not just mean short term profit).

It's your opinion, but the serious companies, have at heart the satisfaction of their customers. But it is true that this is very variable depending on the company.

C'est votre avis, mais les compagnies sérieuses, ont à coeur la satisfaction de leurs clients. Mais il est vrais que cela est très variable selon les compagnies.
TheEmu

3309 post(y/ów)
It's your opinion, but the serious companies, have at heart the satisfaction of their customers.

You misinterpret what I said. Customer satisfaction commonly is a major factor but it takes second place to making a profit. Without making a profit a company will not, in the long term, be able to satisfy anyone. If you are the sole source of something that people want badly enough then you can get away with annoying all of your customers. A company can survive without having happy customers if it still makes a profit - the reverse is not possible.

At the moment not many people are happy customers of their suppliers of electricity or gas - but those companies are still, in the main, making healthy profits.
Philours

1575 post(y/ów)
November 18, 2022
A company can survive without having happy customers if it still makes a profit - the reverse is not possible.

Une entreprise peut-elle survivre si elle a des clients mécontents ou ignorés, est une autre question. L'avenir nous apportera la réponse😳

Can a business survive if it has disgruntled or ignored customers is another question. The future will bring us the answer 😳

At the moment not many people are happy customers of their suppliers of electricity or gas - but those companies are still, in the main, making healthy profits.

Deux besoins essentiels que nous essayons de minimiser au maximum pour la plupart d'entre nous. iS n'est pas essentiel, je pense😕
Two essential needs that we try to minimize as much as possible for most of us. iS is not essential i think😕
ComteDracula

1237 post(y/ów)
You misinterpret what I said. Customer satisfaction commonly is a major factor but it takes second place to making a profit. Without making a profit a company will not, in the long term, be able to satisfy anyone. If you are the sole source of something that people want badly enough then you can get away with annoying all of your customers. A company can survive without having happy customers if it still makes a profit - the reverse is not possible.

I agree with you on this point. In my opinion, Totem's sometimes willful ignorance of its customers comes from the fact that they are alone in their niche, and that they don't mind losing customers because of that, if as you say they still make a profit in the end.

So the lack of competition has perverse effects in the capitalist economy.

It's just that I find it a bit "hypocritical" (the term may be too strong, but it's the one that comes to mind), to make customers believe through threads like this, that Totem is listening to them and ready to answer questions (the ones they want to answer). Or at least that they are responsive to their concerns.

Je suis d'accord avec vous sur ce point. A mon avis, l'ignorance parfois volontaire de Totem vis-à-vis de ses clients vient du fait qu'ils sont seuls dans leur niche, et que cela ne les dérange pas de perdre des clients à cause de cela, si comme vous le dites ils font quand même des bénéfices au final.

L'***** de concurrence a donc des effets pervers dans l'économie capitaliste.

C'est juste que je trouve un peu "hypocrite" (le terme est peut-être trop fort, mais c'est celui qui me vient à l'esprit), de faire croire aux clients à travers des fils comme celui-ci, que Totem est à leur écoute et prêt à répondre aux questions (celles qu'ils veulent bien répondre). Ou du moins qu'ils sont sensibles à leurs préoccupations.
TheEmu

3309 post(y/ów)
November 19, 2022 (edited)
Can a business survive if it has disgruntled or ignored customers is another question. The future will bring us the answer

It depends on the business - but I have not said that businesses should deliberately disgruntle or ignore their customers only that satifying them is a means of acheiving the primary aim of making a profit rather than, as has been claimed by others, that customer satisfaction should itself be the primary aim. To claim otherwise is to ***** the means with the purpose.

Companies try to satisfy their customers in order to be profitable, they do not try to be profitable in order to satisfy their customers.

The simplest way to make customers happy is to reduce prices to a negligable level - but then you tend to go bust.
ComteDracula

1237 post(y/ów)
November 19, 2022
It depends on the business - but I have not said that businesses should deliberately disgruntle or ignore their customers only that satifying them is a means of acheiving the primary aim of making a profit rather than, as has been claimed by others, that customer satisfaction should itself be the primary aim. To claim otherwise is to ***** the means with the purpose.

That's not what I said. I said that they were two complementary things, and that one did not prevent the other, in a market of healthy competition.

The secret for the company is to explain things well, and to take into account the customers' concerns.

But since Totem has no competition, they do what they want, even if it means driving customers away.

Ce n'est pas ce que j'ai dit. J'ai dit que c'était deux choses complémentaires, et que l'un n'empêchait pas l'autre, dans un marché de concurence saine.

Le secret pour l'entreprise c'est de bien expliquer les choses, et tenir compte des préoccupations des clients.

Mais comme Totem n'a pas de concurence, ils font bien ce qu'ils veulent quitte à faire fuir des clients.
TheEmu

3309 post(y/ów)
November 19, 2022
'ComteDracula - you said (copied directly from a post of yours earlier in this thread)

but the serious companies, have at heart the satisfaction of their customers

No, they have at heart the generation of profits. customer satisfaction may be very very important to them (because without it they are likely to lose out on profits) but it is not at the heart of the company. Other than that I essentially agree with you.

SGTNutt69

4 post(y/ów)
November 19, 2022
This is all the result of poor marketing. A simple resolution would be to keep the subscription service, but for those cards already owned, allow access still to users who own them. Thus, you are still motivating people to buy cards on the website to use on the mobile version, and you are also offering a monthly service to view cards not purchased, thus motivating people who have small card collections to pay monthly instead of buying a large collection of cards. Either way, you do not lose customers, and instead of driving away customers, you are actually motivating more customers to use your mobile site by empowering them to decide how they wish to participate, both methods being financially advantageous to Totem.
TheEmu

3309 post(y/ów)
November 19, 2022
@ComteDracula

I wanted to add this to my previous post but am too late to do so.

Ask yourself the question "why is customer satisfaction important?".

If the answer is anything other than "for its own sake" then customer satisfaction is not "at the heart" of the company but is subservient to something else.
echnaton192

6 post(y/ów)
November 19, 2022
This is all the result of poor marketing. A simple resolution would be to keep the subscription service, but for those cards already owned, allow access still to users who own them. Thus, you are still motivating people to buy cards on the website to use on the mobile version, and you are also offering a monthly service to view cards not purchased, thus motivating people who have small card collections to pay monthly instead of buying a large collection of cards. Either way, you do not lose customers, and instead of driving away customers, you are actually motivating more customers to use your mobile site by empowering them to decide how they wish to participate, both methods being financially advantageous to Totem.

I agree to this. This is what motivated me to buy 600 cards since march on mobile and some exclusively on desktop. Now the mobile cards have been taken away. And wake on lan the PC and use remote desktop - even though i could do that everywhere having static IP and vpn - does not replace that. It is inconvenient. I only use my PC for gaming and sometimes for work. We use provided laptops, so I seldomly use it for work. So most of the time the PC is switched off.

I would have liked your way to go about it. From time to time maybe I would have subscribed for a month, looked at promising cards and buy them to keep them. And if I had a good device for vr I might have subscribed permanently.

I am not happy. But hey, I still got 600 cards on the desktop. For now.
Evaneself

315 post(y/ów)
November 19, 2022 (edited)
I am agree with Totem. If you buy a game on PC, you don't have it on Mobile or PS4. If you want it on Mobile, pay extra.
Always was this politics.
For example: I have the Minecraft of Microsoft on PS4 and is linked with the Windows 10 account from my PC, but I don't get free Minecraft on my PC. So for the Pinball games from PC, PS4 and Mobile, under the same company.
Why at Totem should be different?
Come on, Totem! Give me a Quote with a red heart here!
sbholder

21 post(y/ów)
November 19, 2022
I am agree with Totem. If you buy a game on PC, you don't have it on Mobile or PS4. If you want it on Mobile, pay extra.
Always was this politics.
For example: I have the Minecraft of Microsoft on PS4 and is linked with the Windows 10 account from my PC, but I don't get free Minecraft on my PC. So for the Pinball games from PC, PS4 and Mobile, under the same company.
Why at Totem should be different?
Come on, Totem! Give me a Quote with a red heart here!

I'll counter with Netflix. When they launched their streaming service, which pretty much set the standard for the streaming services everybody is using today, they gave it to all existing DVD customers at no extra cost. And that paid dividends. They owned the market for about 10 years.

It's interesting you bring up game publishers though because no one likes them. Whether it's releasing unfinished games, nickle and diming players with microtransactions, their substandard treatment of their employees, or getting kids hooked on gambling with loot boxes, everybody has something bad to say about the triple-A publishers. They're certainly not companies to be emulated.
Sexy3DBoy

469 post(y/ów)
November 19, 2022
Le titre de se fil de discussion est "iStripper mobile - Version officielle - Q&R" Et c'est Celine membre de l'équipe qui l'a débuté.

Les réponses doivent elles venir des clients ou de l'équipe de Totem ?

Si c'est pour se répondre entre nous, ce genre de fil de discussion n'a alors aucune utilité.

Totem devrait alors cessé de demander si les gens ont des questions, que je trouve ici légitimes des clients, s'ils n'ont pas à répondre ou à se justifier comme vous dites.

C'est un Q&A autour du fonctionnement du version officielle et non un survey (enquête d'opinion) vous demandant votre avis sur un système: POUR ou CONTRE

Il me semble qu'il y a une grosse différence entre poser des questions et affirmer qu'on est pas d'accord avec cette version.

En faite vous profitez de ce Q&A pour dévoyer le sujet et y trouvez une opportunité comme d'autres le font pour vous plaindre.

Relisez ce que vous écrivez et considérez si vraiment vous posez des questions à iStripper sur cette version !!!!
wrightsayswow

1094 post(y/ów)
November 19, 2022
Re-read what you write and consider whether you really ask iStripper questions about this version!!!!
If the translation is correct @Sexy3DBoy is right for sure. We have certainly gone on a detour here. 😆
Socialhazard

1141 post(y/ów)
November 19, 2022
👍 😎
Sexy3DBoy

469 post(y/ów)
November 19, 2022
@wrightsayswow Indeed 👍😎
dar2112v

446 post(y/ów)
November 19, 2022
But since Totem has no competition, they do what they want, even if it means driving customers away.

This kinda says it all. Customer satisfaction is a critical part of any business but Totem has a unique product. So while management is somewhere between rude (language and/or cultural differences I hope) and oblivious for me there is no alternative.

IS is good enough to keep me spending even if less frequently but If an alternative does ever appear I will go to the one that offers me the most 'customer satisfaction' (the girls, platform, price, features, includes a mobile version, etc).

I'm doubt I would have joined IS in its current state but the larger my collection the less reason to move on. If I were a mobile user I doubt I would have given it even a second look. If I were to watch porn on a phone I think I would just go with one or 2 sites that have video and photos? The mobile version does have competition ... and LOTS of it. Without customer satisfaction it wont be around long on mobile. at least not in any significant way.
orclover

741 post(y/ów)
November 20, 2022
This kinda says it all. Customer satisfaction is a critical part of any business but Totem has a unique product. So while management is somewhere between rude (language and/or cultural differences I hope) and oblivious for me there is no alternative.

IS is good enough to keep me spending even if less frequently but If an alternative does ever appear I will go to the one that offers me the most 'customer satisfaction' (the girls, platform, price, features, includes a mobile version, etc).

I'm doubt I would have joined IS in its current state but the larger my collection the less reason to move on. If I were a mobile user I doubt I would have given it even a second look. If I were to watch porn on a phone I think I would just go with one or 2 sites that have video and photos? The mobile version does have competition ... and LOTS of it. Without customer satisfaction it wont be around long on mobile. at least not in any significant way.

They have competition, their business almost failed in 2013 because the product wasn't very good, talent left a lot to be desired and people could merely go to pornhub or any number of free sites to get something similar to totem. It is true that it is hard to find the EXACT same product but you can find 95% of the girls doing porn on the web. The product is much better now, the talent more varied, the costumes, props, games or more appealing and creative. They are commited to providing a consistently great product which hasn't changed for the worse in nearly a decade but they also reserve the right to monetize new services how they like. Mobile, 4k, dolz, vr are new products that require some level of investment and some extra payback, hopefully a lot in totems case. Mobile offers a completely different type of product and interaction...no downloads, no need for HD space, or pc...which means new partakers will not have collections and no way to store their purchases. It makes perfect sense to offer a subscription in such a case, and although they could allow full access to desktop users, and probably should they have every right to monitize how they like considering they haven't changed the price of the base product in years and years.
Thereon

2 post(y/ów)
November 20, 2022
I'm not putting one more cent into this App, I'll bet whatever you want that they will do the same for desktop in the future, basically taking away the content you already paid for
muttonjeff

691 post(y/ów)
November 21, 2022
My take on this is that those terms applied to the beta product, and only to the beta product. I see no promise that the beta product would have an unlimited lifetime. The change was not applied retroactively (though it may have seemed that way) but was handled just as described by

If the Product requires an Update at the time you launch the Product to access the Product, you will also have the opportunity to review and to accept or reject the current version of this License Agreement....
I don't like it - but I see no actual ***** of the terms.

@TheEmu, I see your point and agree. IF ,, the beta was still available, the T/C would apply. However the beta is gone and the new full release has new T/C.
Cest la vie.
However, I do understand and sympathize with others.
If I had 'lost' a mobile collection, I would try to buy a cheap computer (like chromebook) to watch/play them on (probably cheaper than buying the collection again)
muttonjeff

691 post(y/ów)
November 21, 2022 (edited)
I'm not putting one more cent into this App, I'll bet whatever you want that they will do the same for desktop in the future, basically taking away the content you already paid for
@Thereon , I hope not but anything is possible. That will indeed be the day many members cease using this product. I hope there would be enough members remaining to make it a profitable change.
crnyman1

2 post(y/ów)
November 21, 2022 (edited)
So you're asking me to pay a subsciption fee to watch the 1,000 shows I already own, on my mobile devices?
LUDACRIS!
I've spent PLENTY of money on the shows I own. This is the only site that DOESN'T allow your purchased content across all platforms.
I won't be spending extra money to watch on mobile. Might not even give any more money AT ALL to such a greedy company! So sorry to see Totem go down such a road. I've enjoyed this site for many years, but this changes everything. :(

Brak spełnionych wymagań by wziąć udział w dyskusji.

Jako darmowy użytkownik programu iStripper, nie możesz odpisywać w tematach na forum ani tworzyć nowych tematów.
Masz jednak dostęp do podstawowych kategorii dzięki którym możesz pozostawać w kontakcie ze społecznością !