Age Verification
This website contains age-restricted material including nudity and explicit content. By entering, you confirm being at least 18 years old or the age of majority in the jurisdiction you are accessing the website from.
I am 18+ or older - Enter
I am under 18 - Exit
Our parental controls page explains how you can easily block access to this site.

Update install path.

Forum / Tout sur iStripper

Khane
Inscrit en Apr 2014

1 message(s)
25 November 2023
Is there a way to make istripper updates install to the path I chose during setup? I have it installed to a secondary drive but the updates keep going into the user/appdata/vghd dir and I have to mess around changing all the registry locations every time.
stefnev1
MODÉRATEUR
Inscrit en Jul 2008

4555 message(s)
25 November 2023
@Khane
In the registry here HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Totem\vghd\System if you change the value of the key MainPath with your personal folder, maybe you can update in the good directory.
Wyldanimal
MODÉRATEUR
Inscrit en Mar 2008

3900 message(s)
25 November 2023 (edited)
@Khane

There are Three (3) registry keys, that control the various Paths to the iStripper files.
actually 4 if you are using multiple locations for your Models.
ModelsPath - controls the Single Location of where your Models folders are located
DataPath - controls where your Data folders are located.
and
ModelsMultiPath - contains ALL of the different Locations when you spread your Models folders to different locations

The Installer will use all of the above Locations from the Registry.

The Last one is
MainPath - This is a special one that controls where the Binary File is located and the Start Path for all of the Dlls and Support files.

The Installer does NOT use this registry path, During the Update or Install process.
The installer uses your Systems User profile and it will then set the MainPath to Match where it installed the Binary files to.

There is no way to get around this.

I too use a custom location, so when I install or Update here is what I have to do:
3 steps
After the software has completed its install or Update,
1- I have to Quit iStripper.
2- Copy the BIN folder from my Systems User Profile Path
to where my Custom Location is.
3- I have to Edit the MainPath of the Registry to Match where my custom location is.

Vous n'êtes pas encore autorisé à participer

En tant qu'utilisateur gratuit de iStripper, vous n'êtes pas autorisé à répondre sur le forum ou à créer de nouveau sujet.
Vous pouvez cependant consulter les catégories de bases et commencer à découvrir notre communauté !