Age Verification
This website contains age-restricted material including nudity and explicit content. By entering, you confirm being at least 18 years old or the age of majority in the jurisdiction you are accessing the website from.
I am 18+ or older - Enter
I am under 18 - Exit
Our parental controls page explains how you can easily block access to this site.

Scratch game complaints

Forum / Tout sur iStripper

Z22
Inscrit en Aug 2017

1166 message(s)
6 May 2020 (edited)
I don't think you should be posting the contents of a private message regardless of its content, unless you have actually asked Kaiju first...
arise77
Inscrit en Mar 2008

196 message(s)
6 May 2020
I'd like to point out that all team members except Celine (almost maxed-out) are also quite selective in their collection, most of them being under 3,000 cards. They might even have internal discounts we don't know about. Despite that, they don't want all available cards neither.
If only they took part in the scratch game, they could realise how pointless it is for members who don't have/want a full collection.
arise77
Inscrit en Mar 2008

196 message(s)
6 May 2020
@Z22 you're probably right, I'll edit it.
arise77
Inscrit en Mar 2008

196 message(s)
6 May 2020 (edited)
I never tried deleting or editing a post before. Seems it's not possible after some time. Can a moderator delete my quote of Kaiju's message and screenshot I posted before?
orclover
Inscrit en Jun 2012

744 message(s)
6 May 2020
I'd like to point out that all team members except Celine (almost maxed-out) are also quite selective in their collection, most of them being under 3,000 cards. They might even have internal discounts we don't know about. Despite that, they don't want all available cards neither.
If only they took part in the scratch game, they could realise how pointless it is for members who don't have/want a full collection.

I would imagine the only group that would want the free cards given are those who are broke and are taking a chance with their small amount of credits...if they had enough credits they would surely buy the cards they wanted and skipped the ones they didn't...this is precisely why I don't play...there isn't a single card in the catalog that I want. Totem is playing like they are giving away wanted cards, but of course they aren't, they are giving away cards at a small discount that the customer would be unlikely to buy. This is the old coupon method...give people coupons to things they don't need or want and they will buy it....maybe they can get creative with stuff like 50% off card of choice...two free cards...something where people will gamble to get something they really want.
Dfner
Inscrit en Feb 2018

635 message(s)
6 May 2020
Well, I had very different motivation to play. I already had all the cards, including SECs, but since the odds were so unbelievably favourable, I just kept scratching those cards. After 300+ scratched cards, I had won on average 1.2 credits for each scratch card.

300+ is statistically already relatively telling amount, so I decided to keep going. I gave myself the rule: as soon as I drop 100 credits from what I had peaked by that point, I would stop. This didn't happen until Monday, when they apparently changed the 20 credit win to 10 credit win. The 1.2 credit per scratch card ratio remained quite steady until Monday.

I didn't play constantly, 24/7, but on several little sprints during Friday - Monday.

All in all, I played 1,159 scratch cards and ended up being +1,380 credits up (peaked at +1,480 cards).
Gorfa91
Inscrit en Aug 2010

279 message(s)
6 May 2020
@arise77 moderators would already have deleted/censored your posts if they had to be...

OK IRL it is usually not fair to make private correspondance public wihtout prior consent of all parties involved but in the present case I think it does not *****. It even does some teasing so let's wait and see 😉

BTW at one point I was also selective buying my prefered type of shows, girls, etc until they were exhausted from the store, Then I started to be more "adventurous" and buy less prefered ones, etc. And finally I became a collector.

What I like is to be surprised by rediscovering ladies that are not always my preference but that have something special... all of them have something special 😋

Diversity! 😜
orclover
Inscrit en Jun 2012

744 message(s)
6 May 2020
Well, I had very different motivation to play. I already had all the cards, including SECs, but since the odds were so unbelievably favourable, I just kept scratching those cards. After 300+ scratched cards, I had won on average 1.2 credits for each scratch card.

300+ is statistically already relatively telling amount, so I decided to keep going. I gave myself the rule: as soon as I drop 100 credits from what I had peaked by that point, I would stop. This didn't happen until Monday, when they apparently changed the 20 credit win to 10 credit win. The 1.2 credit per scratch card ratio remained quite steady until Monday.

I didn't play constantly, 24/7, but on several little sprints during Friday - Monday.

All in all, I played 1,159 scratch cards and ended up being +1,380 credits up (peaked at +1,480 cards).

It does seem that collectors and wealthy new collectors are those who should be playing... a selector like me with 2k cards is going to lose a lot because the only wins would be the 50 and 100 credit wins...I don't want any cards, nor do I have a strong interest in the SE cards...I would have only bought half of them if they were available. I also have an addictive personality so I would never start with such a ***** game lest my credits be exchanged for more deleted cards.
Gorfa91
Inscrit en Aug 2010

279 message(s)
6 May 2020
@orclover yes in your case I agree you have no interest at all to play. Only the buy 3 get 4 or bonus reload are interesting in your case.
Jenkers
Inscrit en Jun 2013

6 message(s)
6 May 2020
10 Scratch Cards purchased

Won 10 Cr once
Won one regular show (for me worth 15 cr IF I liked the card. In this case, no.)

Gotta say I don't like the odds at all. Especially upset that I'm at a disadvantage because I have a lot of cards? Wow! Way to punish your loyal fans. I feel so special.

I would have been less unhappy had I won a SEC.

Probably should let us know when you fix the scratch game. I won't be playing again until you do.
thoooth
Inscrit en Apr 2014

1 message(s)
7 May 2020
89 scratches and nothing even close to what I would ever buy :( Never again.
arise77
Inscrit en Mar 2008

196 message(s)
7 May 2020 (edited)
@Jenkers @thoooth let's talk with our wallets! 😉💰

As other members have suggested before, all members who are between new and maxed-out members are the ones paying for this promotion. If we stop taking part in this, Totem will have to improve this game to make it worth it for us.
arise77
Inscrit en Mar 2008

196 message(s)
7 May 2020
@Dfner I'm glad members who have a full collection can get SECs quite easily, after all you guys buy all the cards and should be rewarded in a sense for that.

@Gorfa91 I agree sometimes I got cards I wouldn't have bought and they ended up being surprisingly nice. But that only happened a few times.
I am already less picky than in the past, I started getting a larger variety of models when Totem added weekend discounts and -12% push previews a few years back. At that point I was willing to spend more to get more cards; I still had the choice of cards I was getting though.
These days, you have Booster packs one week, then Mystery envelopes the next, then gambling, then Lucky boxes, etc. All pre-selected cards.

I already ***** so many credits on the Scratch game and the Slot machine that I don't see the point anymore.

Gamblers already have their games twice a month, offer Booster packs or Mystery boxes to whover likes pre-selection. Why not give the opportunity to members like us to get Joker cards or SECs without all the stuff we don't want?
DarkThoughts
Inscrit en Feb 2011

10 message(s)
7 May 2020
Scratched 300+ cards and only 1 SEC out of 7 in the store. I mainly played because the SECs cannot be bought. While I still came out as a winner (gained some credits), I see no point inHmm, vO continuing with gambling games like these as the chance of winning SECs is extremely low and scratching cards is time consuming.

I alsno noticed the fact that today I did not win a single blank (or 20 credits), playing 200 cards. Saturday I won several of those, playing a 100 cards, It appears the rules and odds have been changed, which I also consider an incentive to skip the games at all and forget about SECs.
Gorfa91
Inscrit en Aug 2010

279 message(s)
7 May 2020
@arise77 I agree and many people are in your case since the poll for the May 22nd promo is clearly in favour of the Cashback offer.

May be it would be great to have more permanent booster packs (even if you cannot choose the cards in the packs) with various thematics to define.
TheEmu
Inscrit en Jul 2012

3309 message(s)
7 May 2020 (edited)
May be it would be great to have more permanent booster packs (even if you cannot choose the cards in the packs) with various thematics to define.

Back when the program was called VirtuaGirlHD Totem permanently offered quite an extensive range of themed booster packs. I do not know why they stopped, but presumably it was for good business reasons.
wisc4fun
Inscrit en May 2020

69 message(s)
7 May 2020
They likely stopped to promote urgency when they do release a pack.

I will say I think like someone else said the only reason to get scratch cards is if you are new like I am or if you want the SEC.

Its not a great deal but its okay for people with zero discounts on their profile. That deal is outweighted by getting random cards.

I think possibly a better option would be a hidden booster pack with a theme in which a SEC could be randomly won. Possibly it could be that if you get a duplicate card it refunds you that portion of the booster as well.

You could just "scratch" to reveal each of the cards instead? Or possibly have it where you purchsae between 1-10 cards and there are 12 of them on the page and you the cards are numbered 1-12 you getting from 1 up to the number you purchased?

Lots of ways to possibly remove some of the complete randomness, keep some of the profit that they want, and get more out of it in the end for normal people.
stoopdude
Inscrit en Oct 2014

2 message(s)
8 May 2020 (edited)
I actually usually like the scratchers but after 185 cards, and not getting a single SEC, kinda thinking it's not worth doing it in the future.
LanceColbert
Inscrit en May 2020

15 message(s)
8 June 2020
I didn't realize that when winning a "show card", it was an actual random show and not a "blank" that could be used for any show of my choice. The show was one I wouldn't have paid money for in the first place, and seeing how many shows are once I never want to see, there's no reason for me to buy these. If the conversion of scratch cards to coins was better and the option to convert show cards to coins was there, I might be interested. But if the slot machine is the same way, I don't see any reason to participate in either promotion.
TheEmu
Inscrit en Jul 2012

3309 message(s)
8 June 2020 (edited)
@LanceColbert

The weekly promotions vary greatly but have one thing in common - in all cases they suit some people and do not suit others. Almost all feature the random selection of the cards involved, but a couple (cashback and reload bonus) do not. My advice is to participate in those offers that suit your purchasing habits and ignore the others - and always read the description carefully, this week it says

Here are the possible gains:
5 credits
10 credits
25 credits
50 credits
1 card (randomly picked up from the cards you don't own yet)
One of the special event cards:

In passing, the scratch cards did provide the equivalent of "choose your own card" prizes in the form of the 25 and 50 credit prizes.
willyweekly
Inscrit en Jul 2015

373 message(s)
8 June 2020
The card you win is random and you you may not like the preformer.

However, you might discover a hidden gem. Maybe you overlook dancer x since she is not your type. but then you win the card with her, and then see a great performance.

This is especially true of the 720 cards. Many new users overlook them since they are old.

Slot machine has a different set up with discounts, higher potential payouts, etc. You will see it soon enough. (practice swearing now, that way when the slot machine does appear, you will be ready!)

It is your money so do with it as you will.
Welcome.
Stanston
Inscrit en Aug 2018

1012 message(s)
8 June 2020
@willyweekly
It is your money so do with it as you will.
I think this is a great Statement, No crying No *****.
We are all Adult enough to Understand this.
And when you don't know what to do with your Money, it's easy .... Keep it with you.
Life is to short to ***** about Gambling Games.
Play the Game, Accept the Rules or stay away from it.
That's my Opinion
wisc4fun
Inscrit en May 2020

69 message(s)
8 June 2020
@willyweekly
It is your money so do with it as you will.I think this is a great Statement, No crying No *****.
We are all Adult enough to Understand this.
And when you don't know what to do with your Money, it's easy .... Keep it with you.
Life is to short to ***** about Gambling Games.
Play the Game, Accept the Rules or stay away from it.
That's my Opinion

I will just say there is a reason gambling mini-games are being used here and being used left and right in the video game space as well. Its because its prays on a human flaw many people have.

I think if companies are going to have gambling based options it should explicitly show odds for each possible outcome.

They are free to do what they wish though. I think what would go a long way would be at least odds showing how likely a SEC is but I doubt they want to show that lol.
Stanston
Inscrit en Aug 2018

1012 message(s)
8 June 2020
@wisc4fun
Its because its prays on a human flaw many people have.
I agree with you, we all have flaws. But everyone of us can decide to Control them, or loose the Control.
And i think the first Option is the smart one.
willyweekly
Inscrit en Jul 2015

373 message(s)
8 June 2020
Yes, I do play the slot and scratch game, but not too much.

As for gambling viewed as a flaw,

Gee Wiz, that is one of my good qualities!!!!
TheEmu
Inscrit en Jul 2012

3309 message(s)
9 June 2020

There are many that would claim that selling nudity is also praying on a human flaw. It seems strange to me to criticise exploitation of one flaw and ignore the other, the one on which the business is founded.
Alkasyn
Inscrit en Apr 2008

717 message(s)
9 June 2020
There are many that would claim that selling nudity is also praying on a human flaw. It seems strange to me to criticise exploitation of one flaw and ignore the other, the one on which the business is founded.

Those two are not the same and you know it. There's no reason to whitewash Totem's gambling practices.
TheEmu
Inscrit en Jul 2012

3309 message(s)
9 June 2020 (edited)
@Alkasyn

On the contrary, I believe that they are in essence very much the same - though understandably people will disagree on the degrees of exploitation of weaknesses that are involved.

Also I am not white washing anything - indeed I would have thought that saying that the basic product was exploitative was the opposite of white washing.

I greatly dislike the use of gambling and somewhat disaprove of it. However, there are others in the wider community who would disapprove much more strongly of the nudity and sexual aspects, which they would regard as exploitation both of the women and of the customers.

I wish that the gambling aspect of iStripper would decrease but I think that is very unlikely to occur unless there are changes in the applicable laws.
arise77
Inscrit en Mar 2008

196 message(s)
9 June 2020
@TheEmu I see what you mean, but come on... we're all here for the girls, no doubt about that. Did we sign up for gambling? Not really 😜
Dfner
Inscrit en Feb 2018

635 message(s)
9 June 2020
@arise77 If you didn't sign up for gambling, then don't gamble, simple as that :)

I, also, don't like the concept of Special Edition Cards, but if Totem decides to get part of their earnings by draining the pockets of customers who like to gamble and try their luck in the promotional games, then so be it.

You, and many others have voiced their opinion that you don't like it, but that's just about everything you can do. You can stop gambling and accept that some of the special edition cards might elude you because of that, but that's about it.

Totem is perfectly aware of the controversy, so anyone's posts about "informing" them that they're "alienating loyal customers" is no news to them. They know, they have discussed that, they have made their decisions. They either react upon the complaints or they don't. What TheEmu or me or you or anyone else writes here, has really no effect.

Vous n'êtes pas encore autorisé à participer

En tant qu'utilisateur gratuit de iStripper, vous n'êtes pas autorisé à répondre sur le forum ou à créer de nouveau sujet.
Vous pouvez cependant consulter les catégories de bases et commencer à découvrir notre communauté !