Age Verification
This website contains age-restricted material including nudity and explicit content. By entering, you confirm being at least 18 years old or the age of majority in the jurisdiction you are accessing the website from.
I am 18+ or older - Enter
I am under 18 - Exit
Our parental controls page explains how you can easily block access to this site.

suitable video card

Forum / New users corner

StevenGreen
Joined in Apr 2012

29 post(s)
September 29, 2017
what is a good video card to allow for multiple dancers, and a simultaneous video stream?
POPEYED
Joined in Jul 2013

1342 post(s)
September 29, 2017
I don't know anything about that but I'd imagine one that won't cause your computer to spontaneously combust...along with yourself! 😜
Wonneproppen
Joined in Mar 2011

56 post(s)
October 27, 2017
I think it doesn't depend on the videocard so much but first u need RAM. I got 32 GB which is pretty much. I would say you should have 16 if you want to play istripper a video and perhaps some additional apps to communicate or write or... It also depends on ur system, the newer the more requested resources. For Win 7 8GB should be enough.
I got a geforce gtx 960 with 4 GB ddr 5 and everything works fine. I think u need less. If u have a new 4k-monitor u probably need a card like mine.
Ur connection is the place to look at if u got a prob with the stream.
Marven
Joined in Sep 2017

35 post(s)
October 27, 2017 (edited)
Requirements according to the iStripper user manual:
"iStripper can be enjoyed Windows XP SP3 / Vista / Seven / 8 / 10 and on Mac OS X 10.6 or higher and require a 64 bit colors graphic card and 128Mo of RAM at least."

This leads me to believe basically any recent video card will do more than just fine.

I have no issue at all with iStripper running on my second monitor and watching a streaming video / playing a game on my main monitor, though all is in 1080.
I have windows 10, 8GB ram, though 2 video cards, 2x geforce gtx 690.
lukaszr
Joined in Dec 2007

721 post(s)
October 27, 2017
Long time ago I've had GeForce 8800GT with 1 GB of RAM, then there was GTX 570 with 2 GB RAM and some Radeon with similiar parameters (for short period of time). It was PC with Windows 7, Intel Q6600 (quad-core) and 4GB RAM. I could watch girls, watch fullHD movie and there was some compressions pending in the background. All at the same time without noticable issues.

Now I have GeForce GTX 970 4GB. Always there was only one graphic card in my PC. I'm not playing video games while iStripper is on.

I have an 10-years old 15'' laptop with integrated Intel graphic, some old dual-core Intel processor, 1GB RAM and WinXP. I didn't watch movies or play games at the same time, but old girls were played correctly. By "old" I mean shows recorded in 720p and 1080p. I don't know how 3K/4K shows would look like on such old machine.
POPEYED
Joined in Jul 2013

1342 post(s)
November 5, 2017 (edited)
Lol I learned this the hard way...it depends on your "specs"...you know all that lovely boring info that you have to find out before upgrading or whatever...

Not a fan of Nvidia personally...I've had better luck with AMD...and if you do go with AMD make sure it has Ryzen...trust me I have a friend who builds PC's...you can try newegg but I've actually found some pretty decent pre-built towers on the GameStop website! 😎 (go figure!)
HombreSinSombra
Joined in Oct 2010

1249 post(s)
November 5, 2017
trust me I have a friend who builds PC's

No disrespect intended but this means, what exactly?

I built the PC I'm using now almost 5 years ago. I specified all the parts according to my budget at the time. I can put the bits together as easily as anyone else. It's not rocket science :)

To build a PC, you need a tower or whatever casing to hold all the bits. These usually come with a built in power supply. Most need a 450/500 watt or more these days. Then it's a motherboard, CPU, GPU, maybe a sound card but Asus motherboards and probably others already come with these onboard in 7.1 digital audio. Wouldn't work without a hard drive of some sort. You need RAM of course and a disc player, Blu-Ray, HDD or DVD. I put all these bits together and installed W7 in about 2 hours.

Personal preferences are fine. Doesn't mean we are all correct, all of the time. I like Nvidia products.

Same goes with our choices in all things. Cars for example.
POPEYED
Joined in Jul 2013

1342 post(s)
November 5, 2017 (edited)
trust me I have a friend who builds PC's
No disrespect intended but this means, what exactly?

I built the PC I'm using now almost 5 years ago. I specified all the parts according to my budget at the time. I can put the bits together as easily as anyone else. It's not rocket science :)

To build a PC, you need a tower or whatever casing to hold all the bits. These usually come with a built in power supply. Most need a 450/500 watt or more these days. Then it's a motherboard, CPU, GPU, maybe a sound card but Asus motherboards and probably others already come with these onboard in 7.1 digital audio. Wouldn't work without a hard drive of some sort. You need RAM of course and a disc player, Blu-Ray, HDD or DVD. I put all these bits together and installed W7 in about 2 hours.

Personal preferences are fine. Doesn't mean we are all correct, all of the time. I like Nvidia products.

Same goes with our choices in all things. Cars for example.

Well I don't know anything about all that...I was just sharing my personal opinion...I honestly don't care to know anything about PC parts etc....but my friend is an expert at it so I trust him...doesn't mean anyone else has to! 😜

Now about cars...I am claustrophobic so my car of choice is no car! 😆 (plus you save money and do less sitting...too much sitting is bad for your back)
HombreSinSombra
Joined in Oct 2010

1249 post(s)
November 5, 2017
So when travelling, you stand on the bus, train or taxi? Just messing with you :)

So your expert friend has qualifications that say his expert computer builds are better than anything else on the market? I'm not saying his work is any better or worse than anyone else's work. I don't know the guy. Maybe he is that good!

But seriously, putting a few computer components together does NOT make one an expert. It makes him or her experienced in building a PC system that works. Nothing more. His opinions may influence others and this is the whole rigmarole that I'm trying to counteract.
POPEYED
Joined in Jul 2013

1342 post(s)
November 6, 2017
@HombreSinSombra

Silly boy...I don't think you quite understand what claustrophobia means...lol even if you were "just messing with me"...who says I travel by vehicle??? Maybe I walk everywhere...or maybe I fly...or maybe I teleport or astral project! As a matter of fact I'm inside your mind right now as we speak and I know what you are going to say before you even say it...

Now who is messing with who! 😜
muttonjeff
Joined in Nov 2008

738 post(s)
November 7, 2017
@stevengreen
one thing no-one has mentoned is hardware spec. Not knowing the age of your motherboard, ensure you buy the correct backplane type. (PCIE - AGP). Also not knowing your display type, make sure your new video card has a suitable cable interface (HDMI - DVI). You dont need a high end display adaptor to run iStripper. most mid-range cards will do the job. I use AMD and NVIDIA.
Checkout Tom's Hardware page http://www.tomshardware.com there are some good hardware reviews and comparisons of performance and pricing

You are not allowed to participate yet

As a free user of iStripper, you are not allowed to answer a topic in the forum or to create a new topic.
But you can still access basics categories and get in touch with our community !