Age Verification
This website contains age-restricted material including nudity and explicit content. By entering, you confirm being at least 18 years old or the age of majority in the jurisdiction you are accessing the website from.
I am 18+ or older - Enter
I am under 18 - Exit
Our parental controls page explains how you can easily block access to this site.

Question about combining my old VGHD files with IS

Forum / New users corner

Socially1nept
Joined in Jun 2016

2 post(s)
June 20, 2016
I already know the answer so I'm not overly hopeful but is there anyway of combining my old VGHD model/data files with IS. Here's the situation had VGHD several years ago. Had not a lot but a few models Nella, Sharka, Mirka, Ennie, Aria Giovanni and a couple others. About three years ago or so had a little mishap running CCleaner set it up to wipe a To Do/Sort folder aka my Pandora's Box which had a irremovable file it CCleaner was my last option tried everything else. After I moved all my junk back into that folder however, I forgot to delete that folder out of CC's include/wipe options.... wiped a bunch of stuff later that night while I was out drinking around 1.5tb worth of music, games, apps, important stuff like school info and other odds and ends like registry backups for my VGHD client. Didn't think about it at the time though hadn't used VGHD in awhile and had all my models/cards stored in a separate location. At the time all I could think about was OMG all my MUSIC!!!. After I installed IStripper and searching for almost a day that's when I remembered that backup was in that folder. And now I'm just wondering if this is at all possible to do.

The only reason I'm asking is because as with VGHD the first thing I did was installed IS went through all its settings then backed up the vghd folder to a removable drive as well as the registry keys HCU\Software\Stdin2 and HCU\Software\Totem. After that I uninstalled it with Revo Uninstaller to remove all traces not like there is any with this app. Went offline modified the registry file a bit to install all the folders where I want it instead of the Application data folder. Put everything where it needs to be ran the script. And the app runs flawlessly just like it did with VGHD. This is basically a portable app. Most portable apps leave more junk laying around and in your registry then this one does. Why you don't just make this a full portable is beyond me its already 99% there except for those couple of reg keys. All my models I just bought are running fine as-well even without even being online until now either.

For a side not I notice in the vghd/data folder all you need to back up is the cards, music and playlists folder and that's about it the cache5 folder and other random files like models.lst the .cds files, webfiles, the .cache files in some of the cards folders and and the rest are junk, vghd/models folder self explanatory, the vghd/bin folder doesn't really matter unless you plan to move it like me it doesn't change at all after installation except for maybe updating the client.

When I go and place my old VGHD model sets into the proper folders though well they don't work offline or online, no big surprise. The actual model data seems formatted properly. The cards however for IS use .xml data and something else for VGHD but cards aren't really the most important thing. So it leaves me wondering if its at all possible or if when you download a set it add your client information into the file header or something so its only usable with that one client. Because if the models I just bought work without being online after a fresh install it cant be a block from the server I don't think. As said I'm not hopeful pretty much already know its not going to be possible. And I am gold now so can re-buy them next month they are cheap enough now and will help to build my level up quickly. Just ***** having to re-buy stuff I already got especially when I'm sitting here looking at it. And finally sorry for the long post tried to be as detailed as possible hope it comes out right since I have a knack for ***** the hell out of people.

P.S. A couple options I'd like to see added in the future.
1. after registration being able to go into your profile and change not only your user name but the auto generated password as well, or even better yet during initial setup. So people like me could still log into their old account. If your worried about password security put a complexity requirement on it like must be a certain length and have at least one number upper case letter or symbols in it etc. Unless the plan is hoping we forget some random numbers/character password and name you gave use a few years prior and we end up having to re-buy everything. Guess that makes since from a business standpoint but for the consumer its kinda like having to go buy a new car because you couldn't find your keys that morning.
2. Just off the top of my head and has nothing to do with this post but a slider for both music/background noise so we can lets say lower the music and still hear what their saying if your really interested in hearing them speak I guess.
Manue
TEAM
CUSTOMER SERVICE
Joined in Nov 2014

1049 post(s)
June 20, 2016
@Socially1nept I have just sent you an email : )
Socially1nept
Joined in Jun 2016

2 post(s)
June 21, 2016
Thanks but I didn't seem to receive it if you mean private message.

You are not allowed to participate yet

As a free user of iStripper, you are not allowed to answer a topic in the forum or to create a new topic.
But you can still access basics categories and get in touch with our community !