Age Verification
This website contains age-restricted material including nudity and explicit content. By entering, you confirm being at least 18 years old or the age of majority in the jurisdiction you are accessing the website from.
I am 18+ or older - Enter
I am under 18 - Exit
Our parental controls page explains how you can easily block access to this site.

Discussions for Scenes for Version 1.2.X Fullscreen Mode here

Forum / Everything about iStripper

TheEmu
Joined in Jul 2012

3309 post(s)
January 3, 2015 (edited)
I have just updated the ShaderToys directory at TheEmusNest.eu with a couple of shaders I adapted myself, GK - Tan Quazicrystal and Ian McEwan's Peering Through, and also with Reinder Nijhoff's Prentententoonstelling which was adapted by EverthangForever.

Both Peering Through and Prentententoonstelling place heavy loads on the GPU and may be jerky on some systems, including my own.

I have altered Reiner's shader a little in an attempt to reduce the GPU load, with limited success. In doing so I made a small number of parameters easily tweakable so you might try playing with them.

I have also made three versions of the .scn file, one uses the full screen for the shader's output and the other two restrict it to a smaller area by clipping it in either the X direction or in both the X and Y directions. The clipped versions put a much lower strain on the GPU and play quite well on my laptop, but are not as good looking as the full screen version.

Be warned, even the clipped versions take a few seconds before anything is displayed, during which the screen stays blank. On my laptop this lasts for about 10 seconds.

Today will probably see my last contributions for a while as I have to return to my own home and place of work. I will try to look in as often as possible, but it may be up to a month or even 6 weeks before I can access VGHD and this forum again.
HombreSinSombra
Joined in Oct 2010

1249 post(s)
January 3, 2015
Very sorry guys. @TheEmu has informed me that I somehow mixed up the .scn files when I zipped up the rushed upload last night :(

The now, triple-checked and working Seascape scene is here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0q3PJ8LyTh8MGt5RUh0SHNpMGM/view?usp=sharing

Thanks to TheEmu for letting me know :)
TheEmu
Joined in Jul 2012

3309 post(s)
January 3, 2015 (edited)
I have uploaded Hombre Sin Sombra's Seascape scene to TheEmusNest.com where you can find it in the directory of his scenes and the corresponding zip file.

As it uses slightly modified version the original Seascape shader by Alexander Alekseev from ShaderToy.com I have not included this shader in the ShderToy.com directory, but at some point I will put the original there for reference.
HombreSinSombra
Joined in Oct 2010

1249 post(s)
January 3, 2015 (edited)
@TheEmu: Thanks, buddy.

I just downloaded your collaborative efforts with @yidincrete. That Bouncy Castle is great! Hahaha. It's very funny at times when the girls are in certain positions. Good job, both of you! The carousel in the Paris club is very cool too :)

I was chatting with @ET for a while last night and mentioned that it's much easier to play with the settings in real time on the Shadertoy website. Apparently he wasn't aware of this capability yet. I found it by accident yesterday :)

You don't need to download a shader and modify it for VG until you know it will work ok. You can check your frame rate by running it full screen and when you hit escape, you'll see the frame rate it was running at in fullscreen mode. I'm guessing if it's 30 fps or more, it should run smoothly on VG when adapted to run with a scene :)

I'll put up a screenshot of where to look on the Shadertoy page...

Edit: Here's the screenshot of Shadertoy's code editing page :)
Wyldanimal
Joined in Mar 2008

3869 post(s)
January 3, 2015
Just thought I'd point this out as well.
if the Shader has any iChannel inputs, it generally won't work with Totem.
This Solar Flare Shader uses Two iChannels

The First one is iChannel0
this shader uses the Image's resolution and luminosity of the pixels to create the size of the flares.

Since Totem doesn't have this, you'd have to write your own Noise function, and use that instead of the iChannel0

The 2nd iChannel1 has a music file as input.
This shader uses the Bass Beats to Pulse the Star

This too could be replaced by a psudo random function.
but you'd have to code it.

Totem does have Texture0, but so far,
I've only been able to get that to work with the clipsrpite as the input.

I guess some more experimentation should be done, to fully know how Texture0
can be used.

And perhaps there is also Texture1, Texture2 etc...
HombreSinSombra
Joined in Oct 2010

1249 post(s)
January 3, 2015
Thanks for that, Beast. I only selected that page as an example to show what you can play with, regarding code and seeing what your changes do :) I played for hours with that particular shader to no avail. We live and learn :)

So, the logical next question is... why can't Totem change the software to use the same WebGL functions? Not necessarily the audio but at least be able to download a shader with minimal code alterations. It appears that shaders are becoming a big thing here now so, can Vg's GLSL be changed to align with the web? That would make life easier :)
EverthangForever
Joined in Oct 2009

2432 post(s)
January 3, 2015 (edited)
I support @HSS plea for fullscreen VGHD to be adapted to support or at least be portable with WebGL. The only reason I can think of why this has not happened, is that keeping it fullscreen was probably originally conceived as a way of preventing capture by folks of VG shows as movie files, however people especially gamers with Fraps etc. can probably do that already anyhow if they want to.

I'm enamoured of the notion of centralising all the shader toy VGHD adaptations in one place and am most grateful for TheEmu's effort to provide a 'home' URL for this to occur. In any successful future adaptations of shadertoys I can muster, I will try to rename accordingly so as to fit the systematic folder index approach TheEmu has provided with minimal effort required on his part, for inclusion in that listing. Once again, thanks for setting this up for everyone's benefit @TheEmu, and for maintaining it as non-commercial, and thanks to you & @Wyldanimal for commenting well (incl. showing the original code stroked out ) for any tweaks you guys make to enhance performance. You guys have truely made sharing a future joy !

@Wyld, said..'The 2nd iChannel1 has a music file as input....And perhaps there is also Texture1, Texture2 etc...'
You mentioned some time ago that the VGHDPlayer was not yet music responsive ( & we know ShaderToy currently is ). Is that 2nd iChannel & extra textures use with music beat a logical next step ? I hope so.
TheEmu
Joined in Jul 2012

3309 post(s)
January 3, 2015 (edited)
@EverthangForever

I did not actually set up TheEmusNest.eu with intention of it being a central repository, and to be quite honest I didn't really have anything particular in mind when I did set it up. However, I am more than happy for it become such a repository for the shaders, and, within reason, other full screen scenes that anyone would like hosted there - as long as it does not end up taking up too much of my time and there is no "mission creep" to other aspects VG or DB. This will be exacerbated by the fact that I will only have intermittent access to the VirtuaGirl site and from now on it may be three to six weeks between my visits to this forum. However, I will try to follow the discussions in this thread and will answer any questions sent as personal messages.

The naming scheme I use is essentially a way of imposing an order on the list of scenes as displayed by the VirtuGirl player's full screen settings page. " = " logically plays the part of a directory separator as does the first " - " which separates the "logical directory path" part of the name from the "file name" part. This scheme was adopted because the player takes little notice of the actual directories and no notice of their names.

I wish software did use the directory structure and showed a nice multilevel tree instead of the two level list it currently uses, or provided something like a Windows explorer window to browse for scenes. Certainly for the number of scenes I now have the current system is rather unwieldy - just the top level names spread over three screen heights and its only going to get longer. This makes enabling or disabling subsets of scenes clumsy. Perhaps scene "playlists" could be introduced.

The web site itself was originally conceived as being very basic, no more than a set of browse-able directories - which it still is once you get past the Home and Downloads page. However, the ***** and drop web site builder tool that came with it could not be ignored, so I spent a couple of hours putting together a nice looking front end using one of the predefined templates. I was astounded how good the end result was - but despite its professional look I have no intention of making it commercial in any way (though if someone were to offer me a lot of money I dare say I would take it).
HombreSinSombra
Joined in Oct 2010

1249 post(s)
January 3, 2015
Thanks to a very good friend, I was made aware that my last post, now deleted fortunately as I was the last poster, was not so much a good idea for the community or Totem.

This thread is all about sharing freely. In my deleted post, I suggested that TheEmu might start an affiliate site to make some money out of it.

This is a no-no regarding using other people's work to gain profit by plagiarism or whatever kind of copyright infringements.

If anybody read my post before I managed to delete it, I apologise for maybe steering people in the wrong direction. That was not my intention. I was simply suggesting that a friend could maybe earn some reward for his efforts of hosting a website. Eejit! We can't do that using other people's efforts!

So, sorry if I upset anybody on that note. I promise not to do it again :)
Wyldanimal
Joined in Mar 2008

3869 post(s)
January 4, 2015
I started a new thread JUST for Scene Pictures, and the URL to Download the Scene.
While that Was the Intent of this Thread, it has really gotten filled with discussions, tutorials and other good information about Scenes.

But that just makes Finding the Links to the Scenes Difficult.

So I Started this New thread - just for the Links to the Scenes.

FullScreen - Member Created Scenes
http://www.virtuagirl.com/forumPost.php?foId=3&ftId=29408
Everything about iStripper / Share your FullScreen - Member Created Scenes here
This thread will be Strictly for the member created Scenes for Full Screen and the Screen Saver. list of shared Scenes Thread https://www.istripper.com/forum/thread/42492/1?post=626142 Scene Discussio...

HombreSinSombra
Joined in Oct 2010

1249 post(s)
January 4, 2015
Good idea, Beast!

@Dentrassy: Very nice scene, buddy. Only tiny little glitch I found was that tall girls at the front (Jewel in particular at 1.82M) were clipping their heads off. I reduced the front two clipsprites' standingHeight to 830 and now all is good on my 1080P screen :) I'm guessing on a 16:10 ratio screen, your original works just fine.

The download links are on WA's new thread, just for s-caps and links:
http://www.virtuagirl.com/forumPost.php?foId=3&ftId=29408&gotolastpage=1#post460142
Everything about iStripper / Share your FullScreen - Member Created Scenes here
This thread will be Strictly for the member created Scenes for Full Screen and the Screen Saver. list of shared Scenes Thread https://www.istripper.com/forum/thread/42492/1?post=626142 Scene Discussio...
Thanks for this one, buddy. Nice!

Dentrassy
Joined in Dec 2008

6 post(s)
January 4, 2015
@HombreSinSombra
Glad you like the scene.

The standingHeight settings I chose are what I considered to be a good average.
There is a lot of variation in the height of clips and I believe Jewel's cards are the tallest you are going to find. This is not just because she is 1.82M tall, compare her to Charlotta who is even taller at 1.84M. Play the 2 girls side by side on screen and Jewel stands taller than Charlotta.

I don't believe screen resolution makes any difference. My main screen is 16:9 (1920 x 1080) same as the scene itself, my second monitor is 16:10. When I use the second monitor the scene still displays at 16:9, with black bands above and below.

I find that "fine tuning" the settings on these scenes is a never ending task, I have been playing with this one for 3 months. :-)
bsett
Joined in Dec 2010

7 post(s)
January 4, 2015
As an amateur photographer enthusiast I have lots of pictures that I would be willing to share with the community for scene use. Just a few questions regarding image ownership and sharing . I?ve included a few screenshots of scenes to help illustrate my questions.

The first scene uses a picture I took while sitting in LAX waiting for a plane. The almost empty open space and reflective floor seems to lend itself nicely for some scene fun. My question here is that although it is ?ALMOST? empty there are still a couple of real life people in the background. Even though the people are barley recognizable do they rule this out as being a shareable image?

The second scene uses a picture I took outside of ***** Mary's while visiting Bora Bora. Does the sign usage ***** some kind of sharing rule?

My third scene uses a rendering I created in DAZ 4.7. The outside background of Vancouver is my own image and the DAZ scene was lit, setup and rendered by me. The club objects and textures however were purchased. My question, does a rendered scene image have to be comprised of objects and textures completely created by me prior to rendering for the resultant rendered image to be mine for sharing?

HombreSinSombra
Joined in Oct 2010

1249 post(s)
January 5, 2015
@bsett: I don't see a problem with any of your questions but I'll leave it to a Mod to give the final ok. They all look nicely done btw :)

I've just uploaded another scene and the link is also on WA's new thread, strictly for links and s-caps :)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0q3PJ8LyTh8UUJYS0pRckwxdGc/view?usp=sharing
Wyldanimal
Joined in Mar 2008

3869 post(s)
January 5, 2015 (edited)
@bsett

I'm not a Lawyer, but I do get involved with legal issues in my Business.
Your Use of these items I believe falls into the Creative Commons Non-Commercial use clause.
And that is a slightly gray area here..

1) you are not Profiting from your uses of these items.
  • Your Use is non-Commercial

2) the Gray area. You are supplying them for use in a Product that is For Profit.
  • It could come to Question, Does your Supplying these Items Increase the Sales of the Product?
If it directly increases the sales and profit, then it is no longer Non-Commercial usage.

I doubt that the member created and Shared Scene files could be claimed to have increased Totems sales.
So I believe the Non-Commercial use defines how you are using them.

The Photographs you took, if the persons in the photos are clearly recognizable, I would Blur the facial features so they can not be recognized.

Most Business have there Company Logo / Name trade marked.
And as such, you can not use it without explicit permission.
So Even though you Took the Photo, you don't have permission to Share or use their Trade marked logo / name.
But that all boils down to How you Use the Photo of the trademark.
I would lean towards, no, don't use it.
Photo Edit it so it's not the real McCoy.

bsett
Joined in Dec 2010

7 post(s)
January 5, 2015
@Wyldanimal

Thanks for the reply and info. The safest route for me is just to continue using these type of items only for my own private use.
HombreSinSombra
Joined in Oct 2010

1249 post(s)
January 5, 2015
@bsett: It's always your own choice of course but it would be a shame not to share what you can do. WA is probably 100% correct in all he stated but certainly your 1st and 3rd images can't really do any ***** to anybody.

First one: You can't see any faces clearly so no problem there. Google Earth Streetview consists of gazillions of pictures of individuals, all over the world. Some are blurred out but most are not. I'm not aware of Google being sued by anyone on that score (although I could be mis-informed). How many images have been taken in Times Square, New York and shared everywhere?

Second one: You obviously have some skills with photo editing software so changing that sign shouldn't be too hard :)

Third: You say you paid for some of the textures. Imho, that gives you the right to use them how you see fit. These things are SOLD and the provider has already made his/her money. If you felt the need, you could always credit the creator of the textures you use. Most of us here now are using shaders from Shadertoy.com. These are uploaded for open sharing with Non-Commercial use. As WA said, I think it would be just about impossible to prove that our scenes are increasing Totem's profit or not :)

We all use software here to create images. We also often use images freely available on the web. With respect, my friend, I'm not about to ask Corel if it's ok with them if I make scenes or desktops, using their products. I seriously doubt that the likes of Corel or Adobe are worried about how their products are used once they have earned their money :)

The rule I was told is that, as long as you change an image enough to make it your own, then you can share it as your own work. You can still credit the original creator where necessary.

So, please share your work with us. It's always great to see new people having a go, especially if they are talented :)
bsett
Joined in Dec 2010

7 post(s)
January 6, 2015
Not sure if this is the proper place to share ideas or if everyone here has already tried this but here goes:

I took one of the fabrics from the background clothes line and made a foreground sprite with it.

sprite {
pos: 0, 0, 0
source: forgrd
blend: true
animate: 20, PingPong, InOutSine, pos, 180, 0, 0
animate: 20, PingPong, InOutSine, scale, -0.8, 0
}

Just by negative scaling the X axis and repositioning a little bit to compensate for the shrinkage it gives the illusion of a curtain being open and closed.
HombreSinSombra
Joined in Oct 2010

1249 post(s)
January 6, 2015
Looks like a cool idea :) You need to upload your scenes somewhere to share them. WA has kindly offered webspace or you can choose your own source of course.

WA and others have also suggested that we use a standard naming system so that member's scenes will show up on the GUI under the creator's name as a clickable folder tree:

eg, +bsett - Towel Curtain.scn

You can zip up more than one scene if you like and call it, eg, '+bsett - Scenes'.

Add the '+' at the beginning and after your chosen name, space dash space. Do this on all your scenes and they will all show up under your name on everyone's GUI when they download and install them :)

lezardo
TEAM
Joined in Sep 2007

34 post(s)
January 7, 2015 (edited)
Here is a sample scene showing 2 new points:

1. how to use the vertex shader
you can see in the scene definition that you can use the fragment AND the vertex shader definition.
In the sample scene, the fragment shader is doing nothing (you can remove it, but it shows that you can use both...).
The vertex shader makes a little wave effect (like a flag).
You can also declare your own variables in the vertex shader ex:

varying vec2 myVar[5];
(...)
void main () {
//pixelOffsetYouWant example : vec2 pixelOffsetYouWant = vec2( 1.0/1024.0, 1.0/1024.0);
myVar[0] = gl_MultiTexCoord0.xy + pixelOffsetYouWant * 1.3846153846;
myVar[1] = gl_MultiTexCoord0.xy - pixelOffsetYouWant * 1.3846153846;
(...)

and use it in the fragment:
varying vec2 myVar[5];
(...)
void main()
{
highp vec4 sum = vec4(0.0);
sum += texture2D(texture0, myVar[0]) * 0.2270270270;
sum += texture2D(texture0, myVar[1]) * 0.3162162162;
(...)
gl_FragColor = sum * gl_Color;
}

--------------
2. the u_Elapsed uniform
You can see in the vertex shader that you can use the u_Elapsed uniform (float - time elapsed since the beginning of the animation).
It is useful in many situation...

download here: http://www.virtuagirl.com/software/scenes/Grass.zip

I hope you will enjoy it :)
HombreSinSombra
Joined in Oct 2010

1249 post(s)
January 7, 2015
@lezardo: Thank you so much for all that. This is the kind of stuff I wanted to know! :)

I'll play around with your examples and figure out what does what. Great post!
EverthangForever
Joined in Oct 2009

2432 post(s)
January 7, 2015 (edited)
Yes I saw this, and I'm having the same questions now as @bsett.
Documentation ....??
We have been playing around using redefinitions in WebGL shader scripts generously provided by @TheEmu + @WA in order to create some pretty spectacular effects recently, so today we come back to earth with a thud to see some very subtle grass movement against a static 2D background. I'm ok with that, if its a primer for learning more.

I really wanna know, like many here, can we get some basic documentation together specific to VGPlayer compatible GLSL ?. Even just a listing of workable redefinitions to try in our script headers would be a great starting point yes ?

like:
#define iGlobalTime u_Elapsed
#define iResolution u_WindowSize
#define TAU //...how about try this etc...because..etc
#define MAX_ITER //...you can substitute this for that etc..etc..

and unlike shadertoy, we are true fullscreen unmousable, so we'll need workarounds for imouse, iChannel0 and so on, when we find useful stuff in shadertoy or GLSandbox that we want to extend.

Its great to have a start, and I'm as thrilled seeing the word 'vertex' introduced from Team as I am about Issizu coming back ;).
HombreSinSombra
Joined in Oct 2010

1249 post(s)
January 7, 2015 (edited)
Have you played with @lezardo's basic vertex shader yet buddy? Guess what? We can mix the two! ie., fragment shaders and vertex shaders. Been playing around mixing and matching, changing settings, sin, cos and tan settings and came up with some really interesting effects. Needs more experimentation but this has some great potential, methinks :D

Here's a S-cap of my little effort at mixing them in the same scene.

Edit: The vertex shader part was not moving the background flowers but produced the weird mixing of the shaders like a graphic equaliser display :)

I'll figure out a way to mix the 2 so that both work as intended :)
(I hope!)
EverthangForever
Joined in Oct 2009

2432 post(s)
January 8, 2015 (edited)
Good on you @hombre, you will know when its ready to put up when you can't ***** yourself away enough to organise the upload haha ;) apologies to Isuzzu, not Issuzu, was a typo ~ she must have taught Sabrisse, they are great on double scenes to code to ;)
HombreSinSombra
Joined in Oct 2010

1249 post(s)
January 8, 2015
Yup, you're right, buddy! What I made yesterday wasn't worth sharing for a good scene. I switched out the grass.png for another starscape background and got some really nice effects but still it wasn't good enough for a really nice scene.
Working on it... :)
HombreSinSombra
Joined in Oct 2010

1249 post(s)
January 9, 2015 (edited)
@Rita: ET, ZZ, No.6 and myself have made quite a few tweaks to this scene. The best so far imho is the animated floor/shader version :) This takes ET's scene without the chairs into a whole new dimension! Zebrazuk added a shader to the floor and it's a great party scene! Scroll back to page 7...

Ok. Been playing some more with mixing fragment and vertex shaders. Again, this is far from perfect but for any newbies to this stuff, it's a fun place to play!

I've added notes in the .vsh and .scn files. You just need to play with all of the parameters to see what happens. Some are tame and others are wild! This looks like a graphic equalizer with the vertex shader intruding on the fragment shader.

From the simple code supplied by @lezardo, it looks like the vertex shader needs a background image to work. You can change this to any image you want :) Play with it.

Here's my humble first, worth sharing effort:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0q3PJ8LyTh8WC1MTWd0RmZYX0U/view?usp=sharing

I need more to play with, @lezardo!
EverthangForever
Joined in Oct 2009

2432 post(s)
January 9, 2015 (edited)
A great first start @Hombre ! i wish I had more time at the moment to get into this but as I said in my PM things got a little pear shaped here lately. I tried to slow down your movement a little using float time = u_Elapsed 40.; but to no avail. I don't like having to specify 2D camera in the scn file because I like to get right back from a scene Zpos when composing scene textures together.

Being able to run TheEmu = ZZZ Testing - Flame.fsh fragment shader in a Quad worked with 3D camera. Oh well..Keep on testing changes, thats the key sure ;)

Edit: tried to type a plus sign between u_Elapsed and 40 above here but for some reason the plus doesn't show up :(
lezardo
TEAM
Joined in Sep 2007

34 post(s)
January 9, 2015
@HombreSinOmbra: your last scene is not working on OSX.
1. int / float operations are not allowed, fix: displacedVertex.y = 100.0 * sin( u_Elapsed len *5.0); // instead of len * 5
2. in the .scn, directories: Backgrounds\GreenGridSpace.png needs to be: Backgrounds/GreenGridSpace.png (the / should also work on windows.) . Also keep in mind that the folders are case sensitve on OSX.
Wyldanimal
Joined in Mar 2008

3869 post(s)
January 9, 2015
Sent this to Hombre last night..
I took his test and made a few changes and added some comments.
maybe it will help explain some and give you a way to experiment.

http://scenes.virtuastripper.net/Vertex-Shader-Mixing-Test-WA.zip

---------------------------------------------------------
by team lezardo - 8 hour(s) ago

2. in the .scn, directories: Backgrounds\GreenGridSpace.png needs to be: Backgrounds/GreenGridSpace.png (the / should also work on windows.) . Also keep in mind that the folders are case sensitve on OSX.
----------------------------------------------

Thanks, I'll have to check my Scenes and use the / for the Paths instead of the \

I believe all my scenes are currently using the \

HombreSinSombra
Joined in Oct 2010

1249 post(s)
January 9, 2015
@Beast: Thank you so much for that. I just had a quick look at your changes and played around a little. NOW I can see much more potential with this. You are a star!

@lezardo: Thanks for the info too:) I thought it was a little strange using backslashes but just about every scene I've looked at uses them so I thought it was the standard. I tried switching to forward slashes a few times and yes they do work fine on Windows :) From now on, I'll use forward slashes (/).

@ET: displacedVertex.y = 100.0 * sin( u_Elapsed len *5);

I speeded things up by changing to 100 x sin and the u_Elapsed plus len x5.

You can slow it down by deleting the x5 and/or reducing the 100 to 10 or so :) If you change everything to really low numbers, you just get a flat line!

3D cameras and shaders, huh? Nice one buddy! You REALLY like to zoom out I see ;)

Gonna have a play with Beast's tweaks now. Laters :D

You are not allowed to participate yet

As a free user of iStripper, you are not allowed to answer a topic in the forum or to create a new topic.
But you can still access basics categories and get in touch with our community !