Age Verification
This website contains age-restricted material including nudity and explicit content. By entering, you confirm being at least 18 years old or the age of majority in the jurisdiction you are accessing the website from.
I am 18+ or older - Enter
I am under 18 - Exit
Our parental controls page explains how you can easily block access to this site.

Question on Storage Folders

Foro / Todo sobre iStripper

hobomonkey
Desde en Sep 2021

9 posts
October 15, 2023
Question. I have been trying to read past posts on the topic and debated posting here or on Discord, but it's been quiet there. I have multiple storage folders setup for my installation due to being slightly OCD and the number of shows... I need to get the program to not store files on my boot drive any more, but that folder has some of the model files for a few shows that have been removed. The program likes to restore that folder and last time I tried to move it, it didn't recognize the moved files. I do have them backed up and plan another back up of the files before I attempt any changes to the file system. It's currently using almost half the space available on the boot drive and that isn't something I can tolerate.

I'm hesitant to simply copy the files to one of the other folders, delete the folder on the boot drive from the Storage settings, and do a rebuild. Is this the correct set of steps?
Wyldanimal
MODERADOR
Desde en Mar 2008

3900 posts
October 15, 2023
When you have multiple folders in use, the System will use the Folder with the Most amount of free space as the default location for any new files.

You can't ***** it to use the folder of your choice.

I do this by Manipulating the Registry.
I have two sets of Registry exports.
One with all of the Multiple folders.
and One with a single folder ( my storage location for new files )

When I plan to download New files.
I quit iStripper, and Import the single storage registry.

Download the new files.
Quit iStripper
then Import the full set registry.

Something Similar can be done in your case,
where you remove the local storage folder from one set and Have it on a different set.

I think of the registry paths as tools.
I adjust the tool as I need it.

You just have to make sure that you Quit iStripper before making any changes.

Quit iStripper
adjust the Paths
Start iStripper

You might have to let it do a rebuild after making a change, but that is just a ***** wait for it to get done....

hobomonkey
Desde en Sep 2021

9 posts
October 16, 2023
Reading over my first post I should stop writing posts when I'm tired. I wasn't clear with my problem statement, long week at work.

Normally I run iStripper with 2 storage folders, somehow, it decided to add a third folder on the boot drive back. I think this happened when I did a clean reinstall of the software a couple of months ago. I need to remove the folder on the boot drive completely and reduce the folders in use from 3 to 2. Can I simply move the files in the folder on the boot drive to one of the other 2 folders, delete that folder as a storage option in the settings, and run a rebuild collection without provoking any issues in the software?

There is plenty of space on the other drives, just not on the boot drive. Although I did manage to clear a bunch by doing some annual file system maintenance that was overdue.
Wyldanimal
MODERADOR
Desde en Mar 2008

3900 posts
October 16, 2023 (edited)
Can I simply move the files in the folder on the boot drive to one of the other 2 folders, delete that folder as a storage option in the settings, and run a rebuild collection without provoking any issues in the software?

Yes, you can do exactly that.

But I recommend to follow this process.
Copy the files to one of the other two folders.
then remove the extra data folder location in the app and do a rebuild.
One you confirm that the Copied files are now found in their new location
then delete the files and folder
hobomonkey
Desde en Sep 2021

9 posts
October 16, 2023
Thanks Wyldanimal.

No estás autorizado a participar aun

Como usuario gratuito iStripper, no se te permite responder a un tema en el foro o crear un nuevo tema
Pero podrás acceder a las categorías y conceptos básicos y ponerte en contacto con nuestra comunidad.!