Age Verification
This website contains age-restricted material including nudity and explicit content. By entering, you confirm being at least 18 years old or the age of majority in the jurisdiction you are accessing the website from.
I am 18+ or older - Enter
I am under 18 - Exit
Our parental controls page explains how you can easily block access to this site.

Mystery Envelopes, Q&A

Foro / Todo sobre iStripper

Ironman79
Desde en Dec 2010

439 posts
February 26, 2020
Have you guys stopped and thought about how much money and credits goes towards obtaining 10 SECs?

Because that's the number of cards that were available by the end of 2019 and over 20,000 were won.

I don't see these cards or the means that we have to get them going anywhere.

I feel like the vocal few of the forum is not enough to invoke change.
Plopsaland
Desde en Sep 2008

126 posts
February 26, 2020
I was looking here in the forum as I wanted to report the envelope broken. I found this suggestion and think that's the guy we can partner ship together. I played a lot. (Sure you can check) The slot machine where you could win a joker card, but after few hunderd tickets not even a letter in the slot. Now I have the same with mystery envelopes. 200 credits further and not even a card symbol or special event card. Legally the win rate is fine as you win 5 credits , sometimes even 25. I know Totem does not like comments like this but I'm a member since 12 years and this makes me so frustrated, feeling sad and awefull. I'm a premium member, dedicated customer. Please let me just buy them.I think after trying out all the games it's gone to far. A goose game can be fun, played the last one as well. But this is way to customer unfriendly. Seriously guys - this SEC stuff has gone too far. I'm a PREMIUM member with a FULL set, and I have NO way to obtain an SEC? Did you even consider that scenario?Here's a remedy: Make gambling OPTIONAL. Let those of us with credits to ***** BUY the SECs (or buy Joker packs) so we can skip this crap.I'd happily pay 250 credits for a pack of 10 JOKER cards any day of the week. Make that option only available to PREMIUM members.Problem solved.VERY disappointed in your poor behaviour.

With credits spent BTW is minus the credits won in between. So netto credits.
Sorry couldn't edit post.
tokstolle
Desde en Oct 2009

36 posts
February 26, 2020 (edited)
What I mostly have against SEC is the time it take to click through all lottery tickets.

This time I had to buy 79 envelope to get the latest SEC, and after all credit win I was down 10 credit. So totem did get any larger amount of credit than a ordinary card from me. All was that I did lost lot of time to get it.en I got the SEC.

In total for 79 mystery envelope
1 Eva Elfies SEC
1 - 50 credit win
4 - 25 credit win
11 - 10 credit win
25 - 5 credit win

Set a new membership level for exempel us that own 3000+ cards that allow us to buy the SEC as any other cards.
TheEmu
Desde en Jul 2012

3309 posts
@robbanzjo

No you are not ***** to do anything, you have the choice to play for the card, with the potential loss that may entail, or you can choose not to play. You may not like the choices, but whichever one of the two possibility you make it is your choice and nobody elses.

To make it clearer "If you want X then you must do Y" is not the same as "You must do Y". It would only be reasonable to call the first of these as ***** Y if X was something like "to continue living" but that is not the case here.
robbanzjo
Desde en Mar 2012

341 posts
February 26, 2020
@TheEmu

You dont have to explain it to me, i know full well how it works. I know im not literally ***** if thats what you think. "If i want X then i need to gamble to get Y" the gamble part is whats ***** me off!! and AGAIN... i know im not literally ***** but you dont seem to get my point.

Anyway im not gonna explain my feeling of this any further, i think the reactions of the community speaks for itself.
TheEmu
Desde en Jul 2012

3309 posts
@robbanzjo - I do get your point, but it is surely far better to use words that actually express your point - e.g. that you don't like the choices or that you find the idea of gambling distasteful - rather than using words that say something entirely different and and which is actually false.

As far as letting the reactions of the community speak for itself - the reaction of the community (as opposed to the reactions of a small part of it posting here) last year was to participate in the various TGIFs to the extent that more than 20,000 SEC cards were won. Distasteful as it may be it is that reaction, and the extra profit it gave, that Totem will take more notice of rather than the relatively few of us that post about it here.
orclover
Desde en Jun 2012

744 posts
@robbanzjo

I don't like the SECs any more than you do, but nobody is ***** us to buy them either via this latest TGIF or any other means. We have the choice of whether to particpate or not, and if we choose to participate and pay a lot for them we signal that we are willing to pay a great deal for these cards.

The gambling is the issue...why don't they just sell the special cards for 200 credits each...and make them really special? Then only a small portion of the base would have these really special cards. Instead they use mind ***** to trap people into spending an amount that isn't specified...this is illegal in many places. I find it moral degenerative in two ways: It manipulates the most loyal customers willfully, and it exploits the human mind in ways that is hard for the human to combat...akin to putting a syringe in front of an *****. There is free will, there is determinism, and there is a middle ground where free will is willfully weakened by a exploitative system. I mean...why can't they just give the special event cards to full collectors to encourage the rest of us to buy every card?
SetFuego
Desde en Mar 2008

737 posts
This is unbearable here ... really now? 😖

@orclover - full agree 👍
halopalm
Desde en Jun 2009

20 posts
February 27, 2020
SEC may be Super Expensive Card if purchasing with bad luck. Methinks, SEC becomes Speculative Exchange Commodity to members, and Secure Earnings Cause for Totem. Maximize profit is understandable, but it feels not good that buyers' passion for collecting favorites seems to be used as a way or means of getting extra money.
iPseudo
Desde en Dec 2018

37 posts
February 27, 2020
Part of the value of loyal, long-term customers is as living advertisements, examples of why someone who might not otherwise join them should consider doing so (or not).

I was aware of this product back in the Virtuagirl days but avoided it for various reasons. When I finally signed up, it was shortly after Alyssia Kent's SEC (which I wasn't aware of until reading about it in the forum later). If the situation had already degenerated to this point, I would have stayed far away.

As someone who was late to the party, I can't say that the experiences of people with 4000+ card collections leave me wanting to join them. Mind you, I'm not even suggesting more incentives should be offered, but disincentives? Being treated with borderline disdain, as an inconvenient afterthought when Totem forgets to provide a way to milk your bank account for the latest SEC? No, thank you.

Fortunately for Totem, the voices of the dissatisfied are mostly confined to this forum, where their influence on prospective customers is limited.
TheEmu
Desde en Jul 2012

3309 posts
February 27, 2020
Being treated with borderline disdain, as an inconvenient afterthought when Totem forgets to provide a way to milk your bank account for the latest SEC? No, thank you.

If reacting to reports of the problem and releasing the fix for it just one hour after the first report amounts to disdain then you obviously have a different understanding of that word than I do.
JayZ971
MODERADOR
Desde en Mar 2009

2243 posts
February 27, 2020
I don't see these cards or the means that we have to get them going anywhere.

I feel like the vocal few of the forum is not enough to invoke change.

I see the same thing.........the radio silence from @Totem on this issue is telling............
Getting ready for possible SEC's from Belka & Stacy Cruz 😕 (No info...just thinking ahead)
iPseudo
Desde en Dec 2018

37 posts
February 27, 2020 (edited)
If reacting to reports of the problem and releasing the fix for it just one hour after the first report amounts to disdain then you obviously have a different understanding of that word than I do.

And here I thought that was the "Priority response from the Customer Service" which Totem charges extra for. Silly me.
Optimal
¡Feliz cumpleaños!
Desde en Jan 2018

65 posts
February 27, 2020
The gambling can stay for those not willing to spend a ton of money on Joker cards, I think that is fair. 😕

What I propose for Premium members:
A single Joker card: 300 credits
Bundle of 2 Joker cards: 540 credits (incl. of 10% discount)
Bundle of 3 Joker cards: 720 credits (incl. of 20% discount)
Bundle of 4 Joker cards: 900 credits (incl. of 25% discount) - Buy 3 get 1 free! 😍

I personally feel that iStripper should be like a on-demand service, what I want, I pay, I get. I shouldn't have to contend with long hours of playing the mind-numbing slot machine or scratching an endless supply of scratchcards in an attempt to get what I want. Work life is already depressing enough, but to face such a situation back home during my "quality time" is many times worse. 😱

Imagine for a moment if Netflix was like that, you will have to play a mini-game in order to unlock a special episode of your favourite series - I don't have the time for that! I just want to be fully entertained with all the free time I got. 😖

Ultimately, it is a fair trade-off. 😎
If you have the time, but you cannot bear to go premium and spend so much on a single card, then playing the special games (e.g. Mystery Envelope, Slot Machine, Scratchcards) may be a thing for you. If you do not have the time (due to work and other responsibilities) but you got all the money to throw at Totem, then the option to buy Joker cards should be provided.
TheEmu
Desde en Jul 2012

3309 posts
@gkar45

With your suggested prices for jokers very few of those who now play the gambling games for SECs or jokers would do so. As a result Totem's profits from these games would drop and this would only be partialy compensated for by the direct sales of joker cards. In order to avoid this Totem are very unlikely to sell Jokers for such low prices. It is pointless proposing something that is attractive only to the customers, it has to be attractive to Totem as well. @Optimal 's suggested prices are much more realistic.
kaiju
EQUIPO
Desde en Sep 2014

408 posts
February 27, 2020
Dear members.

I see a lot of passionate debats here. An official position might help to temper the heat ;)

The feedbacks from members who play our games and win very big discounts, are very positive. For most of them, the special event cards are the icing on the cake, adding a good value to their collection.

However I understand how it can be frustrating for those who already own thousands of shows and I read some interesting ideas among the thread, like the possibility of buying Joker cards for premium members.
This will be seriously considered, as well as other ways to win speciel event cards in a less frustrating way.

I'll keep you posted :)
Plopsaland
Desde en Sep 2008

126 posts
February 27, 2020
What I mostly have against SEC is the time it take to click through all lottery tickets.

This time I had to buy 79 envelope to get the latest SEC, and after all credit win I was down 10 credit. So totem did get any larger amount of credit than a ordinary card from me. All was that I did lost lot of time to get it.en I got the SEC.

Shortened the quote but yes. 3 days further Credit balance is now fine for me.. But still no 50 credits, card icon or SEC . Scratched over 150 cards now. Lost count but minimum is 150.
@support, feel free to check and use data for analytics.
Plopsaland
Desde en Sep 2008

126 posts
February 27, 2020
I see a lot of passionate debats here. An official position might help to temper the heat ;)
However I understand how it can be frustrating for those who already own thousands of shows and I read some interesting ideas among the thread, like the possibility of buying Joker cards for premium members.
This will be seriously considered, as well as other ways to win speciel event cards in a less frustrating way.
Shortened the quote.
Thanks for an official response in this topic. Appreciated.
Have a good friday drink with the team and if you need any community feedback we are here.
  • x-
Plopsaland
Desde en Sep 2008

126 posts
Don't know why I can't edit post? Using app.
So over 200 credits a netto loss. As you win credits you can imagine how many cards I have scratched.
In losses it's over 40 cards. but won about 150 credits in 25. then stopped counting all the 10 and 5 in between.
So I guess I can be trusted if I scratched about 200 cards?
No card icon of SEC once. Like the slot machine never showed a letter on the bar.

Well all other things have been said here already.
Cheers,
JayZ971
MODERADOR
Desde en Mar 2009

2243 posts
February 28, 2020

Thank you @Kaiju for the response.......

In my opinion, Totem's best longterm customers, those who have the most cards, should be able to buy Joker cards. To that effect, there should be a new member level that would be eligible to buy Joker cards. The current highest level currently is Triple Diamond with 1500 or more cards. The new level (possibly called Quad Diamond or Mega Diamond) would be for members with 3500 or more cards. These members who are Premium members would be able to buy Joker cards. Being a Premium member is a Must, to buy Joker cards at proposed levels.............

As @Optimal has proposed.......................

Bundle of 4 Joker cards: 900 credits (incl. of 25% discount) - Buy 3 get 1 free! 😍

Is a good start, but to compensate for the loss of gaming revenue, I would suggest the levels for buying the Joker cards be adjusted.............

Single Joker card - 500 credits
Bundle of 2 Joker cards 950 credits (50 credit discount)
Bundle of 3 Joker cards - 1400 credits (100 credit discount)
Bundle of 4 Joker cards - 1850 credits (150 credit discount)

Those (Quad or Mega Diamond) members who Do Not want to upgrade to Premium could buy Joker cards, but would pay Double the price (Incentive to upgrade to Premium ??)

Those other members who are not (Quad or Mega Diamond members) would still be able to participate in the TGIF events to win SEC cards. This would give Totem's best customers an option to getting SEC cards without playing the TGIF events.

This is my proposal.............trying to be fair to everybody..........
orclover
Desde en Jun 2012

744 posts
February 28, 2020

Thank you @Kaiju for the response.......

In my opinion, Totem's best longterm customers, those who have the most cards, should be able to buy Joker cards. To that effect, there should be a new member level that would be eligible to buy Joker cards. The current highest level currently is Triple Diamond with 1500 or more cards. The new level (possibly called Quad Diamond or Mega Diamond) would be for members with 3500 or more cards. These members who are Premium members would be able to buy Joker cards. Being a Premium member is a Must, to buy Joker cards at proposed levels.............

As @Optimal has proposed.......................

Is a good start, but to compensate for the loss of gaming revenue, I would suggest the levels for buying the Joker cards be adjusted.............

Single Joker card - 500 credits
Bundle of 2 Joker cards 950 credits (50 credit discount)
Bundle of 3 Joker cards - 1400 credits (100 credit discount)
Bundle of 4 Joker cards - 1850 credits (150 credit discount)

Those (Quad or Mega Diamond) members who Do Not want to upgrade to Premium could buy Joker cards, but would pay Double the price (Incentive to upgrade to Premium ??)

Those other members who are not (Quad or Mega Diamond members) would still be able to participate in the TGIF events to win SEC cards. This would give Totem's best customers an option to getting SEC cards without playing the TGIF events.

This is my proposal.............trying to be fair to everybody..........

Seems to me the simpliest method is just to give special event cards away to people who have every card and are members. So every collector will be ***** to spend $60 more but will get every SEC for free...in theory this will encourage people to fill out their collections and inevitably people will become collectors to get this special thing. I much prefer the product encouraging people to buy more cards vs. gambling to get something for nothing. This will also insulate against people who may stop being collectors if they are reminded a couple times a month that they are special.
Primera111
Desde en Sep 2019

1 posts
February 28, 2020 (edited)
I am a double diamond class steam user. This account is the one i created to talk about here in the forum. I apologize first for my poor English. I used Google Translator.

What is the Special Event Card? This card is used to reward participants who participated in a special event. I have 10 special cards except the 2 most recent ones, but I don't think they have any special content compared to other cards.

It is a reward card for event participants with a value of just 25 credits. In terms of content, we can say that 30 or 40 credit cards are rather special.

It makes no sense to make it buy immediately for 100 or 200 credits. If so, make a card with a real 200 credit value and sell it as a special card.

I think the profits of the company are very important for both the consumer and the company to win-win. Therefore, we understand the company's position of making huge profits through gambles using special cards as bait.

But nowadays, it is a problem that the company wants to profit by getting special cards only through the gamble, not the reward concept of the event.

Of course, no one is ***** you to get this card, but I'm convinced that no one has bought more than 4000 because all models are good. They just buy all the models they don't like because they want to complete the full collection.

Thus, Nobody is compelled to buy, but in fact, these collectors are said to be ***** to buy.

Don't stamp a normal card as a special card every month as you do now, but instead open an event like Advanced calendar before, pay special cards as rewards to those who participate, and For those who want to get a special card without attending this event, I agree to gamble like now.

i can also understand that i only get special cards with Gamble without an event. However, Reveal the odds of winning. I'm convinced that totems change their odds every time they play scratch gems. If the totem reveals the probability, it will say fair.

If the odds are low, people won't participate, and they won't be angry even if they won't win. I think the totem will also assign appropriate odds to increase profits.
Dorsai6
Desde en Apr 2013

1028 posts
February 28, 2020
@Primera111,

Welcome to a long and occasionally heated discussion. Many of us agree with you. There is nothing special about most of these "special event cards" except that they can't simply be purchased. Totem seems to think these are a useful source of revenue. That may be the case. I'm trying to pretend they don't exist.
TheEmu
Desde en Jul 2012

3309 posts
There is nothing special about most of these "special event cards" except that they can't simply be purchased.

There does not even seem to be any event, special or otherwise, associated with the current SEC (the one started on Feb 21 and which I expect will end in a couple of hours time). At least with the previous SECs there was something being celebrated by the SEC with this one the only thing I can think of is that the SEC is marking is the release of itself - a recursive celebration. (such logic may provide an adequate excuse for a party, but that is about all). Maybe it was intended to mark the start of carneval - but I can not remember any mention of it.
TheEmu
Desde en Jul 2012

3309 posts
@kaiju - If you are going to think about the special event cards then here is a list of thing that I would like to see taken in consideration.

1) Make it clear what event a special event card is associated with. Preferably it should still be clear what was being celebrated years after the event itself.

2) Make the cards themselves have some relevance to the event they celebrate. Preferably via the costumes or accessories, but at the very least by its name.

3) If at all possible make the cards, or rather the performances, themselves be special.

4) During the period of the special event itself there should preferably be some way of being certain to obtain the card by participating in that event. The advent calendars provide a good example of this.

5) Only some time after a special event should it be possible to win its associated card via a gambling game or by direct purchase. To do otherwise detracts from the idea of a special event.

6) If possible make it "feel better" to obtain a card by participating in its associated special event than by obtaining it via a secondary route (gambling game or direct purchase).

7) Don't offer them too often otherwise they cease to be special. I think one a month would be far too often, one every two or three months feels better to me.
HansSachs
Desde en Mar 2016

983 posts
I agree only about two points among the seven ones by @TheEmu, but to these two I do agree very strongly:
4) During the period of the special event itself there should preferably be some way of being certain to obtain the card by participating in that event. The advent calendars provide a good example of this.
7) Don't offer them too often otherwise they cease to be special. I think one a month would be far too often, one every two or three months feels better to me.
TheEmu
Desde en Jul 2012

3309 posts
February 28, 2020
@HansSachs

Can you clarify why you disagree with "Make it clear what event a special event card is associated with" - i.e. mention the event in the announcement accompanying the release. This was not done for this last event and we had to guess what the event was.
HansSachs
Desde en Mar 2016

983 posts
@TheEmu My opinion, as I already did point more times, is that there really never has been any special card nor a special event. There are just ordinary cards which for marketing reasons we are not allowed to buy.
In any case, what would really matter for me would be getting a clear and sure path in order to get the exclusive card, at least in the first week after its release - as it has been done in some cases.
About your point 1, and other ones I didn't quote, there is not a real disagreement - I just find them not so relevant for me.
TheEmu
Desde en Jul 2012

3309 posts
February 28, 2020
@HansSach

Yes they are just ordinary cards - for me that makes having them associated with some specific event more important as it is the only excuse for having them at all.
Nebal
Desde en Feb 2015

227 posts
February 28, 2020
This

No estás autorizado a participar aun

Como usuario gratuito iStripper, no se te permite responder a un tema en el foro o crear un nuevo tema
Pero podrás acceder a las categorías y conceptos básicos y ponerte en contacto con nuestra comunidad.!