Age Verification
This website contains age-restricted material including nudity and explicit content. By entering, you confirm being at least 18 years old or the age of majority in the jurisdiction you are accessing the website from.
I am 18+ or older - Enter
I am under 18 - Exit
Our parental controls page explains how you can easily block access to this site.

VirtuaGirl taking up space in Harddrive

Foro / Espacio de nuevos usuarios

xxkah06xx
Desde en Oct 2016

2 posts
November 30, 2016
Good evening. Until recently I've had like hundreds of gigabytes of free space on my Mac. Today I check my harddrive space and I have about 30gigabytes left. Does VirtuaGirl really take up THAT much space? I have 700+ shows now, but still. Appreciate any help, thanks.
xxkah06xx
Desde en Oct 2016

2 posts
November 30, 2016
Nevermind, I did some calculations and found out that 700 shows are about 400gigabytes
Dorsai6
Desde en Apr 2013

1028 posts
November 30, 2016
Your collection grows on you. :) I have a Mac Pro and a MacBook. About 2 years ago I bought a 3TB external drive from WD. Mainly I use it for iStripper. Right now it's about 1/3 full. It's small, so I can take it with me when I travel. At home its networked and used by both computers.
GreyWolfNH
Desde en Jul 2011

40 posts
January 24, 2017
That's why I buy very few shows.
cdub87
Desde en Apr 2008

397 posts
January 24, 2017
I got a 5TB I partitioned up to smaller drives and I only have 1TB free from a 2TB drive just for iStripper.
SpaveInvader
Desde en Oct 2010

919 posts
January 24, 2017
the space also depends in which resolution you download the shows.
when you download only in 720p thy take much less space as when you download (e- and f-series) in 3k resolution.

there existing also older 720p shows that were remastered in 1080p and older 1080p shows that were remastered in 3k resolution. these remastered shows take much more space than the norma 1080p or 3k shows.
Wyldanimal
MODERADOR
Desde en Mar 2008

3896 posts
January 25, 2017
Yes, it Grows and Grows... but it's worth it..
I've Got Two 5TB drives now, and an Older 4TB drive.
All mostly dedicated to iStripper.
One as my Daily use drive, and the other two as my backups.
Always have a 2nd drive with backups of your Collection. One day you will be glad you have it..

I don't keep it updated daily, once a week, Twice a month...
I'll update the Backups to keep them up to date...

I don't mind having to re-download a handful of cards, but I wouldn't want to re-download my Entire Collection.
wangxukkk
Desde en Sep 2013

159 posts
January 25, 2017
𽒫TB
HombreSinSombra
Desde en Oct 2010

1249 posts
January 25, 2017
I've kept back-ups of my Alizee cards in case they stop being available to download again.

Weird thing is I never noticed how much free space I still have on my internal 'C' drive; almost 800 GB :) I usually save everything except program installs to my external 2TB drive. That includes my models folder, which is now 501GB. Almost half of my collection is in 3K including upgraded cards. There's nothing on my system that I consider 'Mission Critical'. However, redownloading all of those cards again would be a serious ***** in the proverbial :/

So I'm now backing-up my models folder on my 'C' drive, strangely enough. Go figure :)
cncbehrends29
Desde en Feb 2008

69 posts
January 29, 2017
LOL, I was about to say, Welcome to VG/iStripper. I have a 2 terabyte drive I keep my girls on and it's almost full.
Rex
EQUIPO
Desde en Sep 2007

365 posts
January 29, 2017
High quality video at 30 fps takes space, even with the best codecs :)
You can use multiple storage folders in advanced settings.

No estás autorizado a participar aun

Como usuario gratuito iStripper, no se te permite responder a un tema en el foro o crear un nuevo tema
Pero podrás acceder a las categorías y conceptos básicos y ponerte en contacto con nuestra comunidad.!