Age Verification
This website contains age-restricted material including nudity and explicit content. By entering, you confirm being at least 18 years old or the age of majority in the jurisdiction you are accessing the website from.
I am 18+ or older - Enter
I am under 18 - Exit
Our parental controls page explains how you can easily block access to this site.

Fullscreen: 'inout' entry from the left, and asymmetric card mirrori

Foro / Todo sobre iStripper

DrDoom9
Desde en Dec 2008

224 posts
July 8, 2015
I recently noticed that my fullscreen example of a clip which allows 'inout' cannot be caused to enter from the left because scale: -1, 1, 1 must be used in case a card is asymmetric (e.g. Alice Saint, Home Team Babe #1057).
Obviously, entry from the left can be achieved, but the clip is a mirror image, so any writing on body or tea shirt is
mirrored.
It appears that scale: -1, 1, 1 and rot: 0, 180, 0 do the same thing to the whole clip.

I noticed Hombre Sun Sombra's fullscreen 'Pimpled Abstract 3D' which I downloaded has a clipSprite parameter 'enter: right|left', but it doesn't seem to help.

Do any experts know a way round this?
Number6
Desde en Oct 2010

1135 posts
July 9, 2015
@DrDoom9

Not exactly an expert I'm afraid but I have done one or two scenes.

Unfortunately the documentation on full screen, apart from the stuff done by the members (e.g. @Wyldanimal's tutorials), is woefully lacking. It is limited mainly to the comments that were put in the original Totem Scene files.

I still haven't worked out why the clips in Full Screen are mirrored but you are quite right in that you have to use a negative scale factor or a rotation to get around it. Sometimes I forget and it is not until I get a clip with text on that I notice so I usually go back and edit the scene. If I specifically want the girl to enter from the left then I leave out the scaling/rotation and live with the reversed text. Alternatively, on occasion, I have flipped the background image right to left so that the girl can enter from the right with a similar effect to that as if she was entering from the left.It depends on whether or not the background is suitable for flipping.

In Hombre SIn Sombra's scene I 'm not sure if it was an error or he intended it to be a comment and forgot to put // before it. As far as I know "enter" is not a keyword that can be used.

To add more *****, I think Totem have slightly FUBAR'd the "inout" on the 3K cards. I was concerned early on that there was no "inout" in the early 3K cards, consequently scenes set specifically for "inout" would not play 3K clips. They now appear to have added "inout" to 3K but it does not function in the same way. For non-3K cards and "inout", the girl enters from the right (or left depending on the scaling/rotation) and moves to centre of the stage. Consequently the clipsprite is normally positioned at the centre of screen and the girl appears to walk across the stage.

With the 3K cards "inout" is intended to have the model right at the edge of the screen so she appears to be entering from the side of the monitor. i.e. you will see an arm or a leg appear followed by the model and occasionally she will move back forth in and out of view, disappearing and reappearing from the edge of the monitor. Consequently if you have "inout" clipsprite set for the older cards, when a 3K card comes up you get an arm or a leg appearing out of thin air in the middle of the screen, which somewhat spoils the effect.

Sorry that I am unable to answer your problem regarding getting around the right/left mirroring but I hope the above is of some help when trying to construct a scene using "inout".

If anyone else knows of a way around your problem I am sure they will let you know.
HombreSinSombra
Desde en Oct 2010

1249 posts
July 9, 2015
2 ways to change this.

You can either select that line of code in the .scn file and delete it. Or at the very beginning of that line of code, insert 2 forward slashes (//). This 'Comments' out the code. Meaning that those 2 forward slashes, in this language mean that you are adding dialogue to the code rather than an active part of the program. You are 'commenting' on what you're doing :)

First of all, all clips are recorded as entering from the right. If you've seen the pics of the Paris studio setup, the girls always enter from the right side.This will produce any words/ lettering correctly.

Strangely enough, in normal desktop mode, this is usually switched to the the mirror image. I have no idea why...

I've watched many demos and they always seem to appear from the left, reversing the original recorded images

Using Fullscreen mode, the entry direction can be changed. From the left, do nothing and I believe all clips will be reversed. Ie., Any visible letters will be reversed. OR, using scale: -1, 1, 1, added to the 'clipSprite' (The Models) part of the code edited using notepad or a similar text editing program, the girls will be viewed as the original recording.

For the bravehearts out there, if you only have the included scenes that come with the download of version 1.2.0.84 (.85 for Mac), try this: ( Anybody who has more scenes should already know this stuff so, switch off now ;) )

Open your usual GUI (Graphical User Interface) be it VG or DB. Then select Advanced/ Fullscreen. This will now show you the choices of Fullscreen scenes you have available/installed.

At the bottom left, there's a newish button called, 'Open scenes folder.' Click this and it'll take you to where all your scene files are stored on your hard drive.

Ok. Now for the tricky stuff... Pick a folder that you want to change and open it. If you picked Paris Penthouse Club, you'll see these folders:
The standard yellow folders called Multi and Single. These contain images for the scenes. Below these there are these 3:

Multi
Single Sit
Single Standing

These are .scn files and they control the Fullscreen scenes.
You can right click on any of these ( In Windows, they have a cute little blue notepad icon) and then open with: Notepad or a similar text editing program.

Now. You are going to see a lot of plain English text, all commented out (//) which is very useful when you start out with fullscreen creation but for our current purposes here is useless. If you haven't seen code like this before then don't worry! It's all actually pretty simple to learn :)

You'll see at the beginning, after all the blurb, explaining what needs to be done, parts of the active code.

For this explanation, ignore all of that and scroll down till you see this:

You'll see lots of references to Texture, Camera, The Bar, Sprites, Lights, etc.

When you get to, ' clipSprite', now we're in business!

clipSprite {
pos: 0, -150, 20
source: Clip
standingHeight: 700
sittingHeight: 550
resolution: 20
material: true
scale: -1, 1, 1
}

This clipSprite chunk of code is the part that determines how the models are displayed in Fullscreen mode. We have an amazing amount of control over these chunks! That's for another day tho.

This chunk was taken from the Paris PC code, slightly modified by yours truly. (I added the scale bit and if I remember correctly, the sittingHeight part) I probably altered both height settings too, as is my wont :)

This should really be in the Beast's Tutorial thread but what the hell...

For this thread, the important part is at the bottom. ( scale: -1, 1, 1) These 3 numbers signify X, Y, Z. X is horizontal, Y is vertical and Z is depth. If you want your girls entering from the left, and reversed lettering, you can either delete this line completely or put 2 forward slashes in front of it. Like this:

//scale: -1, 1, 1

If you don't see this line of code in a given scene, then all your girls will enter from the left and be mirror images of the or
HombreSinSombra
Desde en Oct 2010

1249 posts
July 9, 2015
Just checked my code from the Abstract 3D. I commented out that bit where it said Enter Right. I think I used someone else's code for my fiirst scene and that's why it still appears there :) I probably just commented the code out rather than delete as I had no clue what I was doing at the time!
DrDoom9
Desde en Dec 2008

224 posts
July 10, 2015
@Number6 & HombreSinSobra
Many thanks for devoting some time to this.

It appears that there is no way to get 'inout' from the left without getting a mirror image of any writing on the body or clothes, because scale: -1, 1, 1 and rot: 0, 180, 0 do the same thing.

It is very curious that desktop and fullscreen do not operate in the same way. They are clearly very different implementations of graphics code as one can have several cards from the same model working on the desktop, but on fullscreen one is only allowed one clip per model - not per card.

I, too, have noticed that inout is much rarer with 3K cards, and that it operates in a different way. It is quite annoying when Isizzu is messing around some invisible post in the middle of one's scene!

It would be nice if such changes could be filtered out using the 'allow' and 'deny' facilities when the clip is first declared. e.g. allow: 3K, or allow: enterleft etc.

By the way, @HSS, @yidincrete, @WyldAnimal, @EverthangForever, thanks for sharing your fullscreens - they have taught me a lot! Shaders are still way beyond my grasp, and yidincrete's Bloom.scn is just too clever by half!
Number6
Desde en Oct 2010

1135 posts
July 10, 2015
@DrDoom9 - Welcome to the wonderful and sometimes very frustrating world of Fullscreen Scene creation :-)

Don't be put off by shaders too much. I though the same thing a few months ago but now I have dozens of shader scenes (not ones written from scratch I hasten to add - but adapted from ones that have been posted or available on the internet). I keep meaning to upload some of them but as soon as I try to get them in some sort of order @TheEmu and @EverthangForever post more stuff and I get distracted (to be fair with my attention span that isn't very difficult :-)).
HombreSinSombra
Desde en Oct 2010

1249 posts
July 11, 2015 (edited)
@Dr.Doom9: Always happy to help where I can :) You are correct. As ALL of the clips are filmed entering from the right, without some extremely clever CGI from the likes of Disney/Pixar, we are stuck with right/correct, or left/reversed. Personally, with each new scene I create or download from the other guys here, (Single model scenes) I always add the line, 'scale: -1, 1, 1'. I'm a bit of a pedant. I ***** seeing writing reversed! ;)

For multi girl scenes tho, it's sometimes unavoidable. Eg: My own 'Abstract 3D' scene. After you mentioned it and I revisited it, I changed a little code so that the top left girl stays entering from the left. the middle girl also enters from the left but now the bottom right girl enters from the right. I simply added the 'scale: -1, 1, 1' to that clipSprite. Now it looks more logical but 2 of the girls are always reversed :/

Anyways. As No.6 said, welcome to this weird and wonderful world! Again, don't be afraid of shaders. As far as I know, only Wyldanimal has posted a scene (not a scene really. No girls!) with his own original shader code. ( A very basic one to demonstrate what happens to pixels when it zooms in and out).

We've all only really been using shaders here since the beginning of this year. Look at some of the stuff on www.shadertoy.com http://www.shadertoy.com and www.glslsandbox.com http://www.glslsandbox.com (GLSL is the shader language. There are a couple of versions of this but most should work in VG, if adapted correctly).

99.9% percent of the scenes with shaders here, started off at one or both of these sites. Shadertoy lets you play around with the code live and see how your alterations affect them. This is so cool to play with ;) You can then simply copy and paste the code into your favourite text editor. You'll then need to adapt it as per @TheEmu's code to make it run in VG Fullscreen. Also bear in mind that many shaders here are going to need a fairly powerful graphics card to play them at full speed. (They all use the GPU).

My second scene used a shader adapted for VG by @TheEmu. (The Flame). It really isn't that hard to do :)
Again, welcome to the nuthouse and go for it, buddy!
DrDoom9
Desde en Dec 2008

224 posts
July 11, 2015
@HombreSinSombra
Many thanks for your encouragement and your tips for getting started with shaders.
I have been most impressed with the scenes of yours which you have been kind enough to upload,
and your coding is clear.
HombreSinSombra
Desde en Oct 2010

1249 posts
July 12, 2015
Again, thanks for saying so :) I do try to keep my scene code as uncluttered as possible, for easier reading/understanding. To be honest, I've now gone thru all of my own .scn files and deleted all un-necessary comments. 2 reasons for this: One of these days, I'll zip up all of my own work and upload it one chunk. Then anybody who likes my stuff can get it all in one easy go and install it with no hassles. The second reason is that I can use pretty much any of my own basic code to create a new scene. (Copy and paste) There won't be any ***** or distracting blurb to read thru. I have also made basic templates for .scn, .fsh and .vsh (scene, fragment and Vertex shaders). I don't think anybody is still using 2D camera setups for scenes now. The latest I've downloaded are all 3D :)

For the shaders, when I copy and paste a new one into Notepad ++, I find it easier to paste into an almost blank template. These templates are simply copies of any shader with all of the code deleted except the initial uniforms and defines required to make the shader run in VG. ( A million thanks to @The Emu for all your work on that stuff) :) Then you just have to rename them ;)

Some guys like to put their splash screens in their scenes with all the info about who helped, etc. Me, I prefer a scene to open as soon as I click on it with no 5 second splash screen darkening/obscuring the scene. Just my personal taste. No disrespect intended at anyone :) A simple text line at the beginning will show up in the top right of the gui that can say all of the same stuff.

Some guys like to leave all of the original Team comments throughout the scene code which has been copied from the Paris PC scenes and used as the basis for each new scene. For me, I don't think it's necessary as anyone starting out can simply learn what each line of code does from those original PPC scenes, then Wyldanimal's tutorial thread and then from the discussion thread for more up to date stuff.

As we learn more, of course it's good to put comments in the code to (//) show what we changed and what the changes will do to the scene. This will help us all to learn :)

No estás autorizado a participar aun

Como usuario gratuito iStripper, no se te permite responder a un tema en el foro o crear un nuevo tema
Pero podrás acceder a las categorías y conceptos básicos y ponerte en contacto con nuestra comunidad.!