Age Verification
This website contains age-restricted material including nudity and explicit content. By entering, you confirm being at least 18 years old or the age of majority in the jurisdiction you are accessing the website from.
I am 18+ or older - Enter
I am under 18 - Exit
Our parental controls page explains how you can easily block access to this site.

Way to play a specific clip?

Foro / Espacio de nuevos usuarios

garrett22
Desde en Jun 2015

14 posts
June 15, 2015
Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but how are we able to choose a specific clip?
I have to be honest here. The girls and content are absolutely fantastic, but the inability to play a clip that I want is poor beyond belief. In fact it's insulting. Why would members be treated like this?
I take all that back if I'm wrong and I'm missing something.
I have just purchased all of Kiara Lord's cards. I love this girl! I want to play the clips that I choose. There is no list for me to choose. I cannot for the life of me understand why the makers of this site have made it so that I can't just click a file of my choice. To just have the card and basic filters is of little use to me. If I like a particualr clip/scene I should be able to immediately and easily click on that clip again.
I'm so annoyed by this that it has put me off purchasing any more cards.
Such a shame as this site could be one of the best adult sites out there.

Apologies if I've spoken out of term, I'm just totally frustrated.
HombreSinSombra
Desde en Oct 2010

1249 posts
June 15, 2015
You need to reach Platinum (100 cards) level before the clip selector is activated.

You might want to take a breath and read up a little more about how the software works and the rewards system in place :)

Welcome to the forum!
garrett22
Desde en Jun 2015

14 posts
June 15, 2015
Thanks alot for the reply HombreSinSombra, I appreciate it.

I have to say, that is an incredibly poor way to treat members. This should be a basic function, open to everyone, not just those who have purchased alot of content.
I know I shouldn't be, but I'm really angry about this. The whole point of this website is for us to purchase the models that we like and to watch them, how we like. I have paid for my content, this is so insulting.
Way to go Totem, leave us with no ability to use the content we have purchased in the way we should be entitled.
I know alot of you will disagree with this, but it really is very wrong.

tyqi19my
Desde en Dec 2007

26 posts
June 15, 2015
Hello garrett22,

Isn't frustration a bitch!

Your desire to play individual clips and setup up your own playlists is a common desire. Though this function is closer to realisation in the Totem software, they have not gotten it to the level all users are satisfied yet.

Fortunately, there are other solutions for this desire to control playback of individual clips and clip level playlists.

WyldAnimal has written a utility to play clips. It is available for download from http://deskbabes.net/
More info here:
http://www.virtuagirl.com/forumPost.php?foId=3&ftId=3821&gotolastpage=1#bottom
Todo sobre iStripper / [VGHD] Addon: Custom card player
************************************* 08-16-2019 - iStripper No Longer supported. Do NOT download from the links It has not been updated and will not work ! ************************************* 07-05...
Starryk, inspired by WyldAnimal, has written a play manager in Java.
New Version can still be found at the website of his friend zebrazuk:
www.kp3d.com/vgmanager.html
http://www.virtuagirl.com/forumPost.php?foId=3&ftId=3821&gotolastpage=1#bottom
************************************* 08-16-2019 - iStripper No Longer supported. Do NOT download from the links It has not been updated and will not work ! ************************************* 07-05...
If these really great utilities are not what you want, there will be others.
garrett22
Desde en Jun 2015

14 posts
June 15, 2015
Thank you tyqi19my!
I will check out those links you've kindly given me. Hopefully I'll be able to achieve what I require with one of these.
Thank you once again.

ps If only websites were as considerate as it's members.
Desde en May 2014

18 posts
June 15, 2015
Garratt22 and next frustrated is that for the function is not enough have higher level but you must connected on internet. It is not possible only turn-on computer/notebook and work. You must connected on internet for checking of your account and then it is un-locked until next of turn-on of the program.

I have not try the utilities which mentioned tygi19my.
Dorsai6
Desde en Apr 2013

1028 posts
June 15, 2015
@garrett22,

You are certainly not alone. Many of us would like a related set of capabilities that would let us play and manage clips. It should be possible to do the following:

1. When a clip is playing, it add you own custom tags to the clip itself.
2. To be able to select clips based on all available card and clip information including model name, hair color, Totem's standard tags, clip hotness, clip staging (e.g. pole or swing), clip duration and also any personal tags from item 1.
3. To be able to audit a set of selected clips and deselect those you don't want and to chage the play order.
4. To be able to save the final ordered clip play list so it can be recalled and played.
5. To be able to copy and alter a clip play list and save it as a new play list.
garrett22
Desde en Jun 2015

14 posts
June 16, 2015
Totally agree Dorsai6.
Unfortunately, Totem are not alone in what they're doing. Many sites will do what they can to get you to spend, spend, spend. The thing is, I have no problem is continually buying content, that's what I want. But please, give us the ability to enjoy our purchased content to the fullest. At the moment my enjoyment is not anywhere near to where it should be. Too much frustration with the program.
I would actually like Totem to open up and be honest as to why they are ignoring our needs.
Dorsai6
Desde en Apr 2013

1028 posts
June 16, 2015
garrett22,

Re: Why VG is the way it is.

I'm just guessing here and I've only been a customer for about a year and a half. I think most of Totem's effort until about a year ago was devoted to making the basic software work and then work better. They went from 720p to 1080p and improved the quality of the cards.

I think that their original concept was for a hands-free product. Just start it up and a girl will appear on your desk-top. VG was at first designed for a minimum of user interaction. The play lists seem to have been either an after thought or a minimum capability. As a result, people like Wyldanimal wrote add-on applications to provide the missing capability.

About a year ago, Totem released a new version with a Full Screen capability. This in response to user requests and may have been a large shift in direction for Totem since their original concept was to have a dancing girl appear on top of your working desktop. Now, what's intersting about the Full Screen is that Totem made in scriptable. I think Totem was surprised by the number of full screen scenes created by the members of this forum. It seems the at least some people are willing to put a lot of effort into customizing VG. I think Totem is still adjusting to this. Rex, one of the co-owers of Totem, has said that there is a new version 4 of VG in the works it will add some better form of clip-level control.

I think Totem is facing a bit of a dilemma. It think the vast majority of VG users simple want to run and glance at the girls while doing other work. Then there are a lot of peple who simply want to sit back and watch a floor show (full screen). Final there is a small but vocal group, myself included, who what to mess with things.

The first two groups want a minimum of controls that can be set once and forgotten. The last group wants a very complex user interface. Think what it will take to let you really create and manage clip leve playlists. This kind of capability could more than double the programming complexity of the VG user interface. I like to see Totem make this investment, but from their point of view it has to be a gamble.
garrett22
Desde en Jun 2015

14 posts
June 16, 2015
Dorsai6 - Thanks for that informative response.
I do understand that members want different things, but if Totem want to progress they should tailor to most peoples needs. There should be a basic interface for those that just simply want the girls to be in the background, and intuitive/detailed interface for those of us who require personal useability. I'm not a programmer but I doubt this would require too much hardwork and cost, compared to what they'd get back in memberships and purchase in cards. I'd actually be willing to pay 4 credits for a card if they offered me full functionality.

I think Totem have a very good thing going here, I can't think of another company that offers this type of content. They should put all their efforts into making this one of the best adults sites on the net.
'User friendly' is one of the most important aspects of a service.
Dorsai6
Desde en Apr 2013

1028 posts
June 16, 2015
@garrett22,
There should be a basic interface for those that just simply want the girls to be in the background, and intuitive/detailed interface for those of us who require personal useability.
I agree and I'd like to see a lot more capabilities built into the VG application.
I'm not a programmer but I doubt this would require too much hardwork and cost, compared to what they'd get back in memberships and purchase in cards.
I am a programmer. Although I don't do much coding these days, I've been programming since 1963. Developing a good user interface (UI) to deliver the kind of clip management capability we are talking about is not a small task. The back end is simple, but the UI would probably be more complex than the entire current VG UI. Testing and making this kind of UI bullet- and idiot- proof is not cheap. Do it wrong and you have a lot of very angry customers. You think Totem would see a cost reward from doing this. I'm not so sure; however, I'd still like them to do it.
'User friendly' is one of the most important aspects of a service.
Yes it is. However, the definition of user friendly varies from person to person. Delivering unwanted capabilities is not user friendly. Hiding existing capabilties (a complaint I have about the current VG app) isn't user friendly either. Programmers who are great at doing work "under the hood" often have a lot of trouble delivering a user friendly UI. I learned this the hard way when I wrote my first Mac application in 1985-1988.

I want to encourage Totem to do this, but I believe it would be costly and the payback is uncertain. Great applications are never a sure thing until after they succeed.

tyqi19my
Desde en Dec 2007

26 posts
June 16, 2015 (edited)
Dorsai6,

I agree with you that the amount programming work needed for a good clip player is complex and time consuming. I know this from direct experience as I wrote a good one for myself in C# for the way I like to view cards and clips.

I think it might be a very difficult task for Totem to get the right combinations of clip play functions to satisfy all user demands. I think this creates an opportunity for third party developers/hobbiest like Wyldanimal, Starryk and myself to write an excellent and unique utilities. Each one of these utilities reflect the way the author like to have their clip lists play. My play utility dramatically increase the pleasure I get from my card collection.

I am so pleased that Totem built their software in a way that allows clip lists to be played with third party software like mine.

The main function implemented is dynamic monitoring of cards and clips playing.
It logs the clips played and duration of clips and cards.
I can also select individual cards and play all the clips in order.
There is a play filter based on clip eroticism.
Over the next month or so of part time programming, I will be implementing items 3 to 5 from your wishlist.

I will be sharing this utility with others once I have fully implemented the custom playlists.
garrett22
Desde en Jun 2015

14 posts
June 16, 2015
tyqi19my - That looks great what you've done, just what is required.
It'll be interesting to see how this develops. Good work!
Dorsai6
Desde en Apr 2013

1028 posts
June 16, 2015
@tyqi19my userProfile.php?usLogin=tyqi19my,

That's a very nice looking UI. I'm working on a Mac and I haven't done any UI development in more than 10 years. All the programming I've done in the last decade has been AppleScript on the Mac, VISUAL basic tools to enhance PowerPoint, Excel and Word, and Microsoft Access in a windows environment. All of it under-the-hood kinds of things. I have ideas about what I'd like to see and when I have the time I'll brush up on my UI skills and try to create something for the Mac.
InsaneGenius
Desde en May 2011

21 posts
June 17, 2015
You can play a specific clip by clicking on the card once then where the tick and heart is under her picture at the bottom click on the reel icon this will display all the clips and level of hotness "full nudity" or "X rated"
garrett22
Desde en Jun 2015

14 posts
June 17, 2015 (edited)
@InsaneGenius
I guess your membership has to be at a certain level to have that option. I do not have this.
This means that Totem are able to do this, just not for all members which is really bad customer service. They need to review their decisions.
goldiecharleston
Desde en Dec 2008

340 posts
June 17, 2015 (edited)
While I accept everyone is entitled to their own opinion I have to disagree with your bad customer service statement. It is not bad customer service at all. the more you collect, you will get an increasing discount off cards too. It is good business sense to reward customers for being loyal and offering incentives.

I thought the film board icon highlighted in yellow for selecting scenes was accessible to all level of user. maybe when you get another 34 cards you will have access to it. (it may even happen in 4 cards time at silver level).
http://www.virtuagirl.eu/forumPost.php?foId=6&ftId=28103
No estás autorizado a ver este tema o acceder a datos relativos a este tema

It appears when you click on any card in your collection normally.

totem have always been more than fair with users from my experience over the years. they have of course had to increase card prices and cut back some older incentives, remove subscriptions to stay afloat and keep producing the high quality clips you enjoy with up-to-date equipment.

longer term users have seen the changes and know what it has taken for Totem to carry on improving the product and attracting new customers like yourself. It isn't by any means an easy balancing act and of course they won't please all users all of the time.
garrett22
Desde en Jun 2015

14 posts
June 17, 2015
@goldiecharleston
That screen shot you show is just what I need.
While I understand that loyal customers should be rewarded (free credits is a good one), I however think the clips choice option should be open to all members. This is because early members won't be able to enjoy the shows to their fullest, until they have purchased many, many cards. This simply isn't fair. It's like new members are being discriminated from the full product.
I know this seems like an over-reaction, but we're talking about money here. It could take alot of members months to be able to have the full product.
goldiecharleston
Desde en Dec 2008

340 posts
June 17, 2015 (edited)
That is the whole point though, it is a reward for loyal customers who have spent months and years plus money building their collections and investing in the product. I mention further additional features with some caution because I know it will most likely aggrevate you further. When you become Diamond (formerly platinum), you get access to Casting sections of the forum, can view all bonus videos on the website, plus some additional playback features like slow motion, pause/resume in the client. Double Diamond (signs) and Triple Diamond Members (costumes worn by the girls) get even more features and discount but I don't begrudge them or consider it unfair I can't get the same.

As I alluded to though, some bonus features have been removed and a lot of people got upset about it at the time. At one point Platinum members got a free VIP card every month. This too was withdrawn the same time as Carousel discount (1 credit per card) and caused a massive uproar.

New customers don't ***** too much. You still get access to all the clips and bonus content for the cards you have purchased. Nothing in that sense is restricted. You can also use one of the clip managers made by community members if you so wish (more control than the client currently provides anyone). WA's is probably the most comprehensive.
http://www.virtuagirl.eu/forumPost.php?foId=3&ftId=3821

garrett22
Desde en Jun 2015

14 posts
June 17, 2015 (edited)
I really do understand that loyal customers should be rewarded. This should be in cheaper/free credits etc.
The full functionality of the product should be for everyone. 'slow motion, pause/resume'. I can't believe this isn't open to everyone.
From my perspective, it's like this. I'm so frustrated with the program giving me lack of options that I really don't know if I'll continue to purchase anymore credits. However, if I could use the program as it should be, I would defintely be purchasing more.

Can you imagine signing up to say Met-Art and you only had access to the medium res galleries as a new member. You could only have access to the high res photos after you've been a member for six months. It would be ridiculous, yet it's kind of the same thing.

I don't wish to come across as a moaner or fall out without anyone, I'm just trying to get my head around an absurd decision.
Dorsai6
Desde en Apr 2013

1028 posts
June 17, 2015
@garrett22,

I think the clip selector was an afterthought, possibly in (very limited) response to customer requests. I wasn't here when it was added. Making it a premium capability is consistent with Totem's philosophy of keeping the UI as simple as possible. That said, it makes sense to me that the clip selector should be made available to all customers.
InsaneGenius
Desde en May 2011

21 posts
June 18, 2015
I've had VG for the past 4ish years I don't remember how long it's been there for but I've had it way before being platnium (old scoring system) so maybe as stated in a few more cards it will unlock for you.
InsaneGenius
Desde en May 2011

21 posts
June 18, 2015 (edited)
@garrett22 it just means you'll have to watch the hole clip and not parts of it or set the show duration accordingly 1 clip - 10mins or all clips. Setting to 1 clip then constantly clicking the girls' card will play 1 clip at a time at random though and if you have the option available right click on the girl dancing and click the repeat button to repeat that clip playing once, until you unlock this reel icon, as you said you'd invest more money into buying credits if this item was already available then what's the difference if you just work your way up to this feature? then you'll have it for life.
garrett22
Desde en Jun 2015

14 posts
June 18, 2015 (edited)
@InsaneGenius
"Setting to 1 clip then constantly clicking the girls' card will play 1 clip at a time at random"
This is my point. How frustrating is this, keep clicking until I get the clip I require. A clip should never be random. This is so unintuitive.

"you'd invest more money into buying credits if this item was already available then what's the difference if you just work your way up to this feature?"
Seriously? So it could take me 2 or 3 months to work up to this, so in the mean time I have to put up with being frustrated. This would mean I can't fully enjoy the cards I've already purchased. I just don't get it.

I really can't enjoy this product as it is. I've now purchased a few cards and I've yet to watch a show in any detail. The frustration overrides any enjoyment. I have no control over what clip to watch. Keep clicking in the hope of getting to the part I want. Absurd!

I bought 50 credits at the start (seemed best offer at the time as it gave you 75 in total). I have a good few credits yet to use. I don't know if I'll use them until I'm in control of what I already have.

I'm in the process of setting up the feature created by WyldAnimal. I really hope I can get this going.

Sorry for the rant folks.
InsaneGenius
Desde en May 2011

21 posts
June 18, 2015
that's not bad keep buying cards I see your silver so it won't take too long, the main problem is you didn't get the old prices 1 credit in the software cheaper prices for buying credit but hey, we were all in the same position with these features and unfortunitly this is how totem wanted to do things doesn't make the software any worse it just means we have to do things the hard way until the easy way is unlocked. I'm wanting to unlock the forum for free signed pictures from the ladies sadly this is tripple diamond 1500 cards I think, I'm only just hitting 450 cards :( will be a good year unless I spend over $1000 in one go.
Apasas
Desde en Aug 2009

1051 posts
June 18, 2015
I sympathise with you @Garrett22. I have always believed that all members should have access to the clip selector right from the start. I remember the bad old days too well when I couldd't select the clips I really wanted to see.

i think the tactic is mistaken. You are just as likely to get frustrated and leave as you are to buy more.
garrett22
Desde en Jun 2015

14 posts
June 19, 2015
@Apasas
Thanks for understanding my frustration.
"You are just as likely to get frustrated and leave as you are to buy more."
I have already started to lose interest. I've not even bothered to fire up the program today. There's not really much point in purchasing any more credits because I could use my hard earned money on another adult site. One where they give you what you're paying for, even for new members!
I know this may seem petty, but I need to spend my money wisely. Totem's attitude towards new members is counter productive.

I really wanted to enjoy this site/program.
HombreSinSombra
Desde en Oct 2010

1249 posts
July 21, 2015 (edited)
Just found this thread again by accident, browsing thru the forum :)

I really don't want to stir up any hornets nests but here're my latest observations after reading the whole thread again. (If anybody really cares :/ )...

Not that it really matters now, but the member level changes last year were as follows:

(I won't bother with all of the discounts and freebies at each level)

Bronze : Buying first show.
Silver: When you have 10 cards
Gold: When you have 40 cards
Platinum: When you have 100 cards. (This unlocks the clip selector and gives you access to 'Platinum Only' section).

Now, previously, we hit VIP level at 300 cards. There was no other higher level before early last year. This got you the FREE VIP card chosen by Totem, once per month and access to other restricted parts of the forum :)

Then, if memory serves, I think it was around May or June last year, Totem made the big changes to discounts and VIP was split into the current 3 Diamond Levels. ( 300 cards, 750, 1500)

All of the lower levels have been the same since I joined VG.

I've been a member since October 2010 but only became active in the forum at the beginning of last year ;)

All of this is history now but that's how the levels are/were.

So, @Garrett22:

I hope you stuck around and had a look at the members' clip managers and this gave you enough patience to keep going till you hit the next level or two! You've bought 43 cards to date but said you had 75 credits total to get rid of. You're getting 20% off the full price of cards now and that will change to 30% at Platinum Level. Of course we all get the extra 20% discount on new cards for 7 days too:)

You don't have that far to go buddy and you'll only be 5% discount behind us Single Diamonds :)

Also, the NEW V4 software will be out in a couple of months which we've been told will give us ALL more control over what we can do. Worth waiting for? I think so ;)

Edit again: As an afterthought. If you hover your mouse cursor over your nickname in the gui, it will show you all of the levels with their discount rates and the freebies you'll receive on achieving a new level :)

No estás autorizado a participar aun

Como usuario gratuito iStripper, no se te permite responder a un tema en el foro o crear un nuevo tema
Pero podrás acceder a las categorías y conceptos básicos y ponerte en contacto con nuestra comunidad.!