Age Verification
This website contains age-restricted material including nudity and explicit content. By entering, you confirm being at least 18 years old or the age of majority in the jurisdiction you are accessing the website from.
I am 18+ or older - Enter
I am under 18 - Exit
Our parental controls page explains how you can easily block access to this site.

macOS keyboard shortcuts and managing clips

Forum / Für neue Benutzer

William2
Mitglied seit in Mar 2021

4 Beiträge
27. March 2021 (edited)
Hello, I'm struggling to find a post listing all the keyboard shortcuts (assuming there are some) for mac.

Stop/deactivate is the obvious one (cmd+spacebar on Mac is always used for Spotlight - the search system) and alt+space, ctrl+space don't do anything. Also the mac app doesn't appear to use the standard Mac menus, so I don't see how I can create a custom one.

Thanks for your help!

(edited because I realised you can activate the 'clips list' in settings)
Dorsai6
Mitglied seit in Apr 2013

1028 Beiträge
27. March 2021 (edited)
I've been using iStripper on my Macs for about 7 years. I've explored a lot of iStrippers features and I've created shortcuts for other applications. The only shortcuts I've ever created of iStripper on my Mac have been through the use of AppleScripts. At one time I had a shortcut that cause the model to perform 300 pixels above the bottom of the screen. This was useful for some table clips with swinging legs.

As you noted, iStripper does not use standard Mac menus and a lot of it's behavior is non-standard. There might be some things that could be done by manipulating its preference file but even that is unlikely because I'd don't think iStripper checks the preference file for changes after it loads. In general, I don't think there is much that can be done, but I've never put a significant effort into trying.
William2
Mitglied seit in Mar 2021

4 Beiträge
27. March 2021
Thank you… I have BetterTouchTool and was wondering if I could use that to trigger Enable/Disable in the menubar. Apparently not…

However I've just added a keyboard shortcut that triggers the following Applescript:

tell application "iStripper"
quit
end tell

which is better than nothing.

…if you've got or can remember anything to make it start playing (or change the next model, or similar, if even possible…) that'd be really interesting, but it's not important.
Dorsai6

1028 Beiträge
28. March 2021 (edited)
Well Command Q will tell iStripper to Quit when it is the active application. In this way it's standard. However, since it is usually played in background, your script is useful. The quit function from the iStripper icon on the right of the menu bar also works.

The open command should make it start playing, but you have no control over which card or clip.

Before iStripper, the application was named VirtuaGirl. That version checked the preference file and you could set a flag and add a card or clip number of change what was playing. When they switched to iStripper, that feature was not carried forward. I've tried many experiments to achieve this result and all of them failed.

Here is an AppleScript that move the first model up in small mode
set vertical_adjustment to 120
tell application "System Events" to tell process "iStripper"
set {corner_left, corner_top} to position of window 1
set position of window 1 to {corner_left, corner_top - vertical_adjustment}
end tell

Here is an AppleScript that lists the clips being played and their height plus the height of the iStripper window itself if it is open.
tell application "System Events"
set current_clip to missing value
repeat
set current_clips to value of property list item "player.currentClips" of property list file ((path of preferences folder) & "com.totem.Vghd.plist")
set AppleScript's text item delimiters to " "
set current_clips to text items of current_clips
set AppleScript's text item delimiters to tab
set current_clips to current_clips as string
set AppleScript's text item delimiters to ""
tell process "iStripper"
repeat with window_number from 1 to 11
if exists window window_number then
set {width, height} to size of window window_number
set current_clips to current_clips & tab & height
else
set current_clips to current_clips & tab & ""
end if
end repeat
end tell
log current_clips
delay 5
end repeat
end tell

If you are comfortable reading and modifying a preference file there are many things you can do, but most of them are not very useful.
AlienwarE36
Mitglied seit in Aug 2018

1 Beiträge
30. March 2021
hi can i ask you something?
Dorsai6

1028 Beiträge
30. March 2021
Me? You can certainly ask. My answer will depend on your question.

Noch keine Teilnahmeberechtigung

Als ein Gratisnutzer von iStripper bist du nicht berechtigt Beiträge zu schreiben oder neue Topics zu starten.
Aber du hast Zugriff auf die grundlegenden Bereiche und kannst unsere Community kennen lernen